ashwinC24

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
hey guys,i just got an S4 and i am pretty sure there is some problems with it,
i am not getting all the fetures like smart scroll and smart pause.
my camera does not have the effects like dual shot,
can someone help me with this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you post screenshots? All those features are right in the notification area, and the camera can be tricky to find but it should be there... Unless you got a fake S4 or flashed a funky ROM.

ashwinC24

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i can't get the screenshots,
the S4 is original,i don't know about the ROM,
in the settings for 'motion and gestures'.,i can only get air browse and air call-accept,
should i root the phone??

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, here's what we can do. Tell me which feature you're looking for and I'll tell you where it SHOULD be. Rooting wouldn't help much unless you wanted to apply a hack or install a different ROM, but I doubt Orange stripped the S4 of it's core features. Maybe they're just hidden (I've got to admit, Samsung does like to hide things away under layers of unintuitive settings)

You should also have quick access to these settings from the notification bar, just swipe right and left on the quick settings row.

ashwinC24

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks for helping,
so,on the notification bar,when i swipe,i have only the features multi window, s beam, NFC, air view and air gesture.(including features like silent, vibrate etc...)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems you're missing the "Smart Stay/Scroll/Pause" features... If you swipe down with two fingers on the notification bar, do you see those options in the full list that appears or not?

Also, in my device, those features can be found in Settings/My Device/Smart Screen

ashwinC24

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
yes exactly,i am missing those features,
i tried swipping down with two fingers,but the full list does not show up.
what should i do?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, I don't think Orange took away those features, but stranger things have happened. So my advice is to take the device to an Orange store and ask them to compare it with one of their units. If that, too, is missing those features, ask for an explanation (although with Customer Service being what it is, it's probably not even going to shed light on the matter...but again, stranger things have happened). If it is an Orange-made decision to remove them from your S4, your best bet is to either change the device for an unlocked unit or root and flash a different ROM (you could use the unlocked version image or if you're feeling 'lean', the Google-edition one).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay