Huawei P1 (Android) battery issue - dies at 25%

djsvet

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, first post here (been webos member for a while).
I just received my Huawei P1 white/black from Honk Kong and I absolutely love it (way better than Galaxy Nexus that I have returned back to Google). I am new to android, coming from Symbian and WebOS I am used to problem free core functions (but tons of bugs with the extras). The android seems to be opposite way - they fix the less important, but "flashy" things first, rather than core functions.
So this is what I experienced in my second day:
I was on its second charge today when the phone suddenly died at battery level 25% (no warnings). Then I plugged in the charger - it displayed 0% (phone off, big indicator). After less than a minute it came back on - battery indicator clearly around 25%. I checked the battery stat and I saw a sudden gap in the graph - like a edge of the Grand Canyon :D. I unplugged the charger a minute later. The phone died again in 3 minutes. Plugged in back in - it showed 25% (while off).

What I have done so far - as soon as I unboxed the phone I've updated to the newest firmware (it was pluged in, but it was not fully charged yet). After that 2 charges - thats it.
Should I be concerned? Is it a common bug ? Will it be fixed/calibrated after a few cycles?

P.S. If someone has any questions about the device, feel free to ask. I rated it very very high (hopefully that battery issue will be resolved). I also thing a sub forum should be open for P1/P1s P1XL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63