1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ascend P2 Gets Warm

Hi I'm new to the forum to smart phones and Android. I've had the Ascend P2 for over a week on contract, and when using apps (more specifically games), the phone seems to be getting warm. I was just wondering if this is fully normal, and that if there is a way to keep the phone cool while using my apps. I look forward to reading the replys.

Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Ascend P2 Gets Warm

This is normal... no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie64326 View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forum to smart phones and Android. I've had the Ascend P2 for over a week on contract, and when using apps (more specifically games), the phone seems to be getting warm. I was just wondering if this is fully normal, and that if there is a way to keep the phone cool while using my apps. I look forward to reading the replys.
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    This is normal... no worries.
    OK. Thanks for the reply. I didn't know this was normal or not.

Hello, phones are computer devices and may get hot when taxed, but this phone seems to have a design flaw because it gets hot fairly easy and to the point where it is uncomfortable to hold and then the battery overheats and powers off. When using taxing apps just put the phone in optimum performance mode under settings/ power manager. This will make use of all cores and use maximum clock frequency to handle anything that you want it to. I have also found getting a case makes it more comfortable to hold.