1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Huawei Y300 email sync help

Hey

Ok so I am new. I own the Huawei Y300, brought it in Sept 2013. The phone comes with a preloaded email app and so I set up my email with it. A Live/Outlook account. All worked fine and my email was sync and I would get my emails coming through right away. However since last night for some reason it was not updating, meaning no new emails was coming through. So I removed my email from the app and reloaded it again...only for the trouble to set in. I added my email and went through the process and now for some reason it keeps getting stuck at 'Waiting for Sync' your email will appear shortly. And this has been going on and on. I even switched phone off and on again and still says this everytime I open up email. I remove account, start again and still nothing. It's like it cannot sync. It was working fine a few days ago.

I took my phone in store, nothing wrong with it...all in working order. Called T-Mobile and they tried to help, to no avail and so directed me here.

Hope someone can help.

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Huawei Y300 email sync help

Quote Originally Posted by Diana90 View Post
    Hey

Ok so I am new. I own the Huawei Y300, brought it in Sept 2013. The phone comes with a preloaded email app and so I set up my email with it. A Live/Outlook account. All worked fine and my email was sync and I would get my emails coming through right away. However since last night for some reason it was not updating, meaning no new emails was coming through. So I removed my email from the app and reloaded it again...only for the trouble to set in. I added my email and went through the process and now for some reason it keeps getting stuck at 'Waiting for Sync' your email will appear shortly. And this has been going on and on. I even switched phone off and on again and still says this everytime I open up email. I remove account, start again and still nothing. It's like it cannot sync. It was working fine a few days ago.

I took my phone in store, nothing wrong with it...all in working order. Called T-Mobile and they tried to help, to no avail and so directed me here.

Hope someone can help.
    Welcome to the forums!

Seems like a lot of people have been having issues with Outlook lately. Were you able to get it restored and working properly? Since it seems like you have everything setup properly I am going to say it's a server issue. Is this a company email you are using?