Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry I can't use my Huawei Ascend ll.. Please Help!

I haven't been able to use my Huawei Ascend ll phone(three months old) for three days now because every time i try to turn on my phone it says: "Sorry! The application com.android.huawei.keypadprogramming(process com.android.huawei.keypadprogramming) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then the pop-up will go away and show a loading sign. Please Help! I really don't want to buy another phone.

-Carolyn

Default Re: I can't use my Huawei Ascend ll.. Please Help!

Try rebooting by pressing and holding the volume down button at the same time as the power button. It might fix itself or bring you to a recovery menu.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Do i press and hold the power button? Also, should the phone be off or on when I try this?

Yes. With the phone off press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously until the phone boots. I'm not familiar with your device, but this works on several of my own devices.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you. But, sadly it didn't work..
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It finally worked! but it now says:
    reboot system now
    apply update from sd card
    wipe data/factroy reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe misc parition
    touchscreen firmware update

Try the same thing with but holding volume up.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It wants me to select one of these:

reboot system now
    apply update from sd card
    wipe data/factroy reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe misc parition
    touchscreen firmware update

a factory reset will almost certainly fix it, but you will lose any saved data. Try rebooting from this menu first.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY
    Thanked by:

Please help me !!!!! I'm having the same problem. Everytime I turn it on it says "sorry application android ... Has failed " this is e second one I bought because the first one did the same thing. Please help me so i don't have to buy a new phone again. Please please

so let me get this straight... the phone has to be off, and you press and hold both the volume down button and the power button until a menu pops up?

i still haven't been able to do it i'm confused on the directions.-.

i'm sorry these directions sort of confuse me. please help! i want to factory reset my phone. but it's having those same problems

With the phone off, hold the volume down button and without letting go hold down the power button until the phone powers on. I'm not familiar with your device, but this is the process to get into the phone's recovery for a number of different devices that I have owned.
    -Ben, Long Island, NY

Hold either vol+ or vol- and the power button until you boot into recovery. There select factory reset and kelvin cache. That should definitely take care of the problem if not you'll have to apply the stock rom via sd card with the same process.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

So, my phone is having the same issues. I've done the factory reset option, and it worked for a day. This morning, same error message came up about the com.keypadprogramming not working. I did the factory reset again, but I am hoping there is an option for fixing it for real (I don't want to loose everything every other day!).

Exclamation Re: I can't use my Huawei Ascend ll.. Please Help!

I have the same phone and it does the same thing. If you have everything on your SD card I would call straight talk (or whoever your provider is) and tell then what's going on and they'll reprogram your phone. My friend had to get this done and it's worked since then. Hope it helped.

what number

same problem, tryed to update it said to check the firmware in my sd card. lol. so i eventually did the factory wipe/reset and it is working for now

try doing a hard restart by first make sure the phone is off. then press and hold the volume control and the on button. then u will see several options scoll down to firmware update and enter. that option it worked for me i was almost ready to buy a new phone good luck

When you did the factory wipe/reset did that wipe out your data?

I have discovered that every time I install the Facebook app, I have this problem. If you have the Facebook app, push and hold the search soft key at the bottom right. When it says to speak a command press the speak again. It will let you speak a search item. Doesn't matter what you say. When search comes up, search for play store and search Facebook. When you get to the download for the Facebook, if you have it on your device, it will give you the option to uninstall. Once the app is uninstalled, restart your device and it should be working fine. Don't download it again!