Gaming on a plasma

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a plasma TV for my kids. They have 3 gaming consoles and I was told that gaming on a plasma can cause damage to the TV. What do you guys think about this?

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Did the sales people tell you that?

I've been using a plasma for years with a Wii, X Box and a PS, and all is well.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not true. It was true for a very small time period with original plasmas, because if you keep the game on pause it could cause picture burn. It's nothing to worry about now though, enjoy your gaming :D

Reactions: vernotzy21

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everyone above. The plasmas of today are better ways at dealing with image retention. Even if something does happen to stick, it should go away in short order. And this is usually after long periods of static images on the screen.

Reactions: iastonish

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah, youll see the ghost image on the screen for no more than 5 minutes before its gone. And im talking about the espn ticker at the bottom of the screen. Never an eyesore.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not true. It was true for a very small time period with original plasmas, because if you keep the game on pause it could cause picture burn. It's nothing to worry about now though, enjoy your gaming :D

Right this is your only worry, BUT even with those older TVs it was still pretty rare for it to actually happen. I STILL would not recommend pausing for long periods, BUT it's not as much of an issue anymore. Pausing for short periods is NEVER a problem. :)

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually even back then you would have to leave a still image for like 4-5 days straight. For it to burn in
But when it did .....I DID

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87