I just bought a plasma TV for my kids. They have 3 gaming consoles and I was told that gaming on a plasma can cause damage to the TV. What do you guys think about this?
    07-13-2011 08:37 AM
    Did the sales people tell you that?

I've been using a plasma for years with a Wii, X Box and a PS, and all is well.
    08-07-2011 05:37 AM
    Been doing it for 2 years, 50" lg 1080p plasma, no problems at all.

Tapatalked in 3d
    04-11-2012 10:56 PM
    It's not true. It was true for a very small time period with original plasmas, because if you keep the game on pause it could cause picture burn. It's nothing to worry about now though, enjoy your gaming
    vernotzy21 likes this.
    04-28-2012 01:23 AM
    I agree with everyone above. The plasmas of today are better ways at dealing with image retention. Even if something does happen to stick, it should go away in short order. And this is usually after long periods of static images on the screen.
    iastonish likes this.
    04-28-2012 02:06 AM
    yeah, youll see the ghost image on the screen for no more than 5 minutes before its gone. And im talking about the espn ticker at the bottom of the screen. Never an eyesore.
    04-29-2012 11:49 PM
    It's not true. It was true for a very small time period with original plasmas, because if you keep the game on pause it could cause picture burn. It's nothing to worry about now though, enjoy your gaming
    Right this is your only worry, BUT even with those older TVs it was still pretty rare for it to actually happen. I STILL would not recommend pausing for long periods, BUT it's not as much of an issue anymore. Pausing for short periods is NEVER a problem.
    05-01-2012 12:03 PM
    Actually even back then you would have to leave a still image for like 4-5 days straight. For it to burn in
    But when it did .....I DID

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    08-18-2012 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD