Nokia beef?

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
what's the beef with Nokia and Google Android? Nokia stuck to symbian and wouldn't give Android a shot? Now the company is slipping they moved to Windows which wouldn't help them a great deal either.

Nokia makes great hardware but their OS sucks, Windows have a long way ahead of them while Android is taking over the world, why wouldn't they join the party?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

mandopicker101

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Agree that Nokia make excellent hardware, but they scoped out going Android and had guys working with Google to understand what was possible. Ultimately Msft offered probably more cash up front and market differentiation.

Not sure I'd readily say Symbian was terrible. In its day, it bestrode the world like a kind of magisterial technological T-Rex. Certainly it was a step up from Palm OS. A lack of innovation and death by a thousand increments effectively did for it. Plus I guess it had reached the end of the road, like PalmOS. I had an N95 and it was a very fine device for its day for sheer usefulness. Will Nokia now go Android? Probably not, not unless Elop and his team utterly fail and I'm not sure they're quite at that point. I would bet there's a small team inside Nokia working on an Android set up...just in case...

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Android Central Forums

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why would they want to become "just another Android handset maker" when they could try to become known as the best WP handset maker?

It'd make them the Samsung of WP, so to speak.

Last edited: