Headphones for use with phones (or other devices)

jwhipple

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Before anyone asks, the context in which I am speaking of the headphones in is for listening to music.

I have a Jabra BT3030 bluetooth headset. Well, it's not really a headset - it's a bluetooth "dogtag" that has a mic in it and controls on it, and has a headphone jack that you plug in your normal headphones - regardless of what type they are. Retail price: roughly $45 at the time of purchase last year.

The wired headphones (ear buds) that came with it are AWESOME - no other way to put it.

I also have a set of Sony MDR-XB40EX headphones (ear buds). Retail price: Approx $45 a few months ago

Now, the Sony headphones have great bass and highs, but the Jabra provided ones just have an overall better tone about them, not to mention are more comfortable in the ears.

That all having been said, I have a few questions:

1) Anyone know who makes the earphones that Jabra provides? I'd like to explore the other products that they make - I simply LOVE the sound from these things, but the cord is rather short. Long story short, my boss doesn't like it when I accidentally go out of Bluetooth range at the office and sound now comes blasting out of my phone or PC.

2) If Jabra can include such good sounding headphones with the Bluetooth device and still pull in a profit, why can't cell phone makes include a decent set of headphones with their premium handsets? I mean come on - the ones included with all HTC phones I've tried this year and now my Samsung Vibrant are... lets just say they suck LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000