Verizon Iphones sold out in minutes on line.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess some Verizons customers were just waiting for an opportunity to get their hands on an IPhone. The iPhone is and will continue to be one of the most demanding phone ever.

Even though I'm not a fan of Apple's iPhone... I have to admit the demand for an IPhone is overwhelming.

What's your thought on this topic?

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It was going to happen, it was only a matter of time. We might like Android OS over other OS but the simple fact is that Apple did an amazing job at marketing and they did an amazing job at the phone's design. iOS is also stable.

I won't tell people not to get it, if they like it, they like it.

I just don't like no removeable memory card, no removeable battery without tools, and only a home button and not escape.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was not surprised by this at all. It is a form of mass hysteria whenever a new iPhone is released (even though this one isn't really new but it is on a different carrier).

When people ask me for advice for a phone and they have set their sights on iPhone, I just explain to them the pros and cons of iPhone and then explain Android. Many people don't realize what Android is capable of, so once they hear about it, they like it. Lately, it's been interesting to see how many people I've bumped into who have dumped iPhones for Android phones or who just have seen Android phones and jumped at them because of how "cool" they are (and not boring like the iPhone).

I think for a few months we'll see the iPhone sales on Verizon be crazy but that will slow down eventually and we'll continue to see Android pick up as it has been globally.

Clearly, the folks at Google have not been overly concerned (at least when publicly speaking) about this because they know what they have is a great OS and they just keep on making it better and better.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I didn't understand the popularity of the first gen iphone since it couldn't do cut/paste, video, or mms. (I guess it was mainly because by Apple's great advertising).

IPhone users bought them regardless. In fact it didn't have video recording until two year after... most customers didn't seem to mind, and waited until it was implemented..

I remember when the Palm Pre phones didn't have video recording - and the phone critics make a huge fuss of this, but the iPhone was praised from first introduce. I'm not here bashing on the iPhone... I'm just saying some phones get more love than others.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
To us, we know what the iPhone can and can't do. And then we know what Android does. I try to tell people the difference and one guy I know switched and was like, wtf, iOS was horrible compared to his Droid2. And of course he also had better coverage in his area then AT&T once he switched. I asked him if he would go back to iPhone for VZW and he looked at his droid and said, no way.

Then some people like the iPhone for the looks.

That is what boggled my mind, a phone that cannot tether, no mms and no video recording was such a big hit. Then I look at my Treo 700W back years ago and it had all that. Might of not been as nice looking or a smooth OS but features that I use daily.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Iphone will always be come out on top. It can go to any other carrier and it will be their top selling phone. Their marketing is whats selling the phone.