Crackberry -> iPhone -> MyTouch = Finnaly Content

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
After going through countless blackberrys, an unlocked iPhone as well as regular cellular phones, I feel like I have finally found my home with the MyTouch.

This is just my shout out to everyone in the forum "Hello, glad to be here, hope we can make each others android experience better".

Crackberry was a great sight with an enormous wealth of information, but was far too uptight for a fellow like me. theiphoneblog, also great, but full of people trying to convince themselves that there phone did/does everything.

After 8 blackberrys and an iPhone I feel like I have found the perfect blend of functionality, fun and innovation in android.

I look forward to being a part of this community as it grows and more and more people discover the awesomeness of android. :D

barnettj

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Rusty. 8 Blackberrys, wow. I used to live on CrackBerry also. Even though I don't currently have service on any of my Blackberrys, I still go over to the Crack to see what the latest is. Like a lot others, I believe many people will be coming to Android. The customization of just about everything is so cool.

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Ex Blackberry user here too. I'm really looking forward to next year. 2010 will be known as the year of the Android Invasion. There are just too many great Android devices coming out and the future is very exciting for this amazing platform.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Ex Blackberry user here too. I'm really looking forward to next year. 2010 will be known as the year of the Android Invasion. There are just too many great Android devices coming out and the future is very exciting for this amazing platform.

I'm gonna give that a big "AMEN"! :D

Very exciting.

digital_cataclysm

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Noobles

Afternoon, All.

Just signed up to the forums here, figured I'd give a yell when I saw the "CrackBerry" in the thread content.
Coming from there as well -

And yes, judging by the Android section they have, you folks can probably expect some more company. Lot of people interested in this new Motorola Droid, myself included.

Anyhow, wanted to say Hello - I'll probably lurk for a bit, get a feel for the place.:)
-DC-

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Welcome! It's pretty quiet over here compared to crackberry, but the traffic seems to be increasing more and more as the droid gets closer. Its gonna be awesome!

codito

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
As a former crackberry addict/prophet I anxiously await the arrival of my ADP1. BB OS is a sad, outdated, bloated hunk of junk. I will miss the fantastic keyboard on my 8310 though.

morfy50#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
After using BB's for about 8 years now (8700->8300->8900) and a brief stint with a 2G iPhone, I'm looking at moving to Android. The main reason is because of the Google apps which BB's just don't handle the way I'd like... or handle at all!

Can someone please tell me if Gmail, Google Calendar, Google reader, Google Tasks all work nicely on Android platform? Do you have 'almost' full functionality of these apps like you do in a web browser.

For example, I find Google tasks very handy. Mostly because I can attach a Gmail to a task. Of course, this doesn't work on my BB with any app or with the Google mobile site. On my co-workers iPhone, he can go to the mobile site and see his tasks with the attached email and click the email link to read it. Nice & simple!

I've also heard that Android is more people-centric. So I can go to a contact and pull up an entire history (SMS, emails, calendar entries) associated with the person. Or something similar to that anyways. IMO, that's far superior to having to go into each app like SMS to find all the SMS for someone.

Sorry for the lond winded post, but I don't want to move away from BlackBerry to be dissappointed by the features I'm looking for.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Being on crackberry definitly made having a bb a better experience but the people are very up tight over there almost as bad as the cocky iphone users, I'm pretty laidback so its good to see some laidback techies on this site aS well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci