1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Default Gaming on a plasma

I just bought a plasma TV for my kids. They have 3 gaming consoles and I was told that gaming on a plasma can cause damage to the TV. What do you guys think about this?

Did the sales people tell you that?

I've been using a plasma for years with a Wii, X Box and a PS, and all is well.

ROM
    Blazer 1.4 Rom

Been doing it for 2 years, 50" lg 1080p plasma, no problems at all.

Tapatalked in 3d

Default Re: Gaming on a plasma

It's not true. It was true for a very small time period with original plasmas, because if you keep the game on pause it could cause picture burn. It's nothing to worry about now though, enjoy your gaming
    Follow me @ItzAstonish
    Thanked by:

I agree with everyone above. The plasmas of today are better ways at dealing with image retention. Even if something does happen to stick, it should go away in short order. And this is usually after long periods of static images on the screen.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Blazer 1.4 Rom

yeah, youll see the ghost image on the screen for no more than 5 minutes before its gone. And im talking about the espn ticker at the bottom of the screen. Never an eyesore.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    30,792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Quote Originally Posted by iastonish View Post
    It's not true. It was true for a very small time period with original plasmas, because if you keep the game on pause it could cause picture burn. It's nothing to worry about now though, enjoy your gaming
    Right this is your only worry, BUT even with those older TVs it was still pretty rare for it to actually happen. I STILL would not recommend pausing for long periods, BUT it's not as much of an issue anymore. Pausing for short periods is NEVER a problem.
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!

Actually even back then you would have to leave a still image for like 4-5 days straight. For it to burn in
    But when it did .....I DID

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot