Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi,

Just a word of warning from experience on this...Thought I'd lucked out too in a similar situation. Everything seemed to work fine.
    I loaded it to try to max it out and it seemed to be fine....UNTIL..I actually tried to access the files...It basically makes all the folders and possibly files appear as if they are there including the name and "space" changing. However, when going to access the files, the folders were actually blank and many files were corrupted with loads of jibberish instead of the correct info. In fact, when trying to delete the stuff that was now junk, it will not delete. I can put a few gigs on it ok, but that's it. Now, due to the "taken" space (which isn't real) I don't bother because I cannot count on the info not being corrupted.

Everything about what I bought seemed on the up and up including seller ratings. I've since learned how they up those ratings from supposed buyers. Also, even I gave a good rating due to fast shipping and the product seeming to work well. It wasn't until I tried to "prove" I got a good one that I realize how this scam works. I'm out about the same you are because of it.

So keep this in mind if you try to access the files (all of them), and they aren't there. Also, don't be surprised if you can't access new things you thought were writing including pictures or any other data including downloads.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by jecilop; 08-03-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typos
    Loving my new SG3.
    Previously happy EVO 4G owner ..mostly..
    Acer A500
    Thankful for Android Central. It's how I learned about Android and dived into the deep end!

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

is this durable?

I learned my lesson about buying flash memory from ebay.. I bought a 8gb usb drive which was a 4gb drive that was tricked to be displayed as a 8gb...

I would rather just pay the price and get it from amazon...

Default Re: $30 Generic 32gb micro sd cards from Ebay Works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    nope. i doubt that. good luck with your fake card. I'll link you to a story.
    Hi,

The card is fake. The way they dupe the user is with folders. This guy thinks 25gb is there.
    If you check all of your folders, most will be empty. Most people don't verify that each folder contains data.

Check this site out, the seller actually admits the 32gb card will only hold about 2gb of data -

32GB Micro SD SDHC 32G Memory Card 32G TF card show 32GB upda...USD 9.40/Piece,10 Items Per Lot Wholesale Price at DHgate.com

MAKE SURE TO READ THE WHOLE PAGE FROM THE ABOVE LINK.

By the way - THE CARD FROM THIS LINK IS SELLING LIKE CRAZY ON EBAY.

32GB Micro SD SDHC 32G Memory Card 32G TF card show 32GB upda...USD 9.40/Piece,10 Items Per Lot Wholesale Price at DHgate.com

I'm one of the dummies who purchased it. LOL
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123