A2DP ONE ear bluetooth for Podcast Listening?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a one-ear bluetooth headset that supports A2DP so I can listen to my sticher podcasts on my EVO?

I don't want a two-ear stereo solution; I want to use the same bluetooth headset I use for voice calls.

I'd love one with a flip-boom on/off like my old motorola headset.

I did a search through the forums and it looks like the H17txt and Jabra Extreme might work, but I wondered if there were other or better options.

If I'm going to upgrade headsets, I would like one with better sound quality than my old one.

All suggestions very much appreciated,

Thanks,
Mike

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Plantronics Voyager 855 which may work for you. It's got a second earbud if you want it, or you can operate it without any over-the-ear piece or with a non-active over-the-ear piece (no extra speaker attached). I actually typically only use the "extra" earpiece and leave the main receiver in my breast pocket - lets me hear things around me as I walk around town.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually looking for a good Bluetooth headset myself to upgrade my original Jawbone... The latest is the Jawbone Icon that supports A2DP for listening to music, but the real plus for me is that it can manage 2 separate phones at the same time...

I don't have it yet, so I can't give you an actual opinion, but figured I would relay the specs I saw on their website...

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the "Jabra EXTREME Bluetooth Headset" for $52.98.

A big feature for me is an On/Off button. I'm coming from my flip boom moto headset. When you close it, it's off. I had a big problem years ago with some other headsets: it was a real pain to turn on & off. If on, all audio was routed to it. The phone would ring, I'd pick up my phone and say HELLO, HELLO, then realize the audio was going to the headset. I was soo much happier with the flip because it solved that problem.

For $50 bucks, I'll try this one.

Mike

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Jawbone ICON... So far, it's excellent... I was on the highway with the windows down and I heard the other party fine and they didn't hear any background noise...

The ON/OFF button I totally understand and agree with... I always leave the damn thing on and forget it... I was happy to see an ON/OFF switch added to the ICON... Got it for $75 after my discount at Verizon... Amazon also has it for $75...

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I eventually decided to abandon the idea of going A2DP because I realized that I can't pause the streaming podcast from my ear, like I can with my wired ipod. So, if someone in the house says: "Mike", it causes a problem (can't just hit pause).

I decided to buy the Plantronic Voyager Pro based on some really great reviews and comparative analysis.

Mike

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the Jabra stone. It has a unique look and design but I have a hard time keeping it secure in my ear (as I do with most in ear desvices). It supports A2DP so listening to music, podcasts, or movies is no problem. It recharges multiple times in a little stone shape (hence the name) pod. I really need to sell it and find one that fits my ear canal better so if anyone is interested send me a pm. Cheers!