Verizon ellipsis keyboard layout change?

lithrawind

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
It used to have the quote marks and some other keys near the bottom but now they're on a black bar on the top, and several other keys have moved too, and the apostrophe isn't even on the letters screen anymore. There's also suddenly an emoticon icon in the bottom right that I want to get rid of. How do I get it back the way it was? At first there was a notification saying something about personalisation, but now it's gone and none of the input settings seem to change anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using Google Keyboard, or does the Ellipsis come with some other stock keyboard? Keyboard updates sometimes change the key arrangement in subtle ways, and it can be difficult to roll back those updates. You may want to try installing other 3rd party keyboards like SwiftKey to see if you can find something that suits your preferences better.

lithrawind

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks for answering... I'm using the Google keyboard. I've tried a couple of others, including SwiftKey--that one was the closest to what I was looking for (it has gesture typing and doesn't crowd the keyboard with a bunch of unnecessary keys), except I can't find a way to turn off the suggestion bar at the top. Would you know how to do that?