1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Off Topic question....

I recently picked up a used LG EnV3...looks brand new. I was going to give it to my kid for Christmas. But looking at the VZW website, it shows the EnV3 has to have a data package of $9.99 or higher. I did a comparison to severla phone that are just like the EnV3 (LG Cosmos, LG Cosmos Touch and LG Octane) and have all the same features (or better) than the EnV3. However, NONE of those phones require ANY data package.

Anyone know what the deal is with that?? Thanks!
    A Dude

Global Posts
    897 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

It looks to me like the EnV3 has a couple more features that the other phones you mentioned do not, such as Vcast Music, Skype Mobile, Visual Voicemail etc. so that could have something to do with it. I think the EnV3 looks like a much better device than the others. But that's just my opinion

The EnV3 was considered a 3g multimedia phone, but recently Verizon changed their plans so now there are only feature and smartphones. This means there are no longer phones that require $10 a month for data, only smartphones require data. The reason the EnV3 is still $10 a month for data is because any of the old phones there were part of the 3g multimedia still have to pay $10 a month and the EnV3 is considered an older phone so it falls under that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Actually I called VZW and they verified no fee...