So I'm getting a Play...

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
First of all, my droid incredible was stolen. It was tragic, and I may sound like a loony, but I feel like i've lost a friend. good news is, xperia play was on sale this week and i got a free one. It is supposed to be delivered today. I'm basically wondering if there are any quirks I should be prepared for? also maybe some suggested games so I can take advantage of the controller. I already know about emulators (i rooted my dinc just so I could use the wiimote app to play emulators) so i'm more curious about actual android games.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
  • So to answer my own question about quirks: what is up with the gingerbread keyboard's dictionary? seriously, "omgwtfjay" is on there by default, as I know i've never added that to any dictionary in my entire life. also "worked" and several other common words simply don't exist and i had to add them to the user dictionary.
  • the buttons (especially back) are way to close to the screen, i'm always pushing the lower left corner.
  • this is a SUPER minor complaint: I like the gingerbread screen off animation, I miss it, I also hate that the phone locks immediately after the screen goes off.
  • here's a quirk that is a good thing: the screen is actually visible outside. the colors look a little washed out in direct sunlight but i can read everything crystal clear! I don't know what engadget was talking about on their review.