Root for the R800x (and possible more!)

major1000101

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
fusckin bout time. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY WORKS ON VERIZON 800X!!!! but gonna worry when ice cream sandwich comes out cause i dont have a clue as to how to update without messing the phone up!!!!!! Spanks for a great tutorial!!!!

tergazzidroid

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Does Rooting our Xperia Play on Verizon, allow us to download any of the apps, that were suppose to come with our phones, but Verizon took away, like the Playstation App, or PS store?

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You can do that anyways, if you check the box in application settings that says "allow unknown sources"

Unless you're talking about bravia engine, mega bass, or x-loud, then yes, you need root.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Does Rooting our Xperia Play on Verizon, allow us to download any of the apps, that were suppose to come with our phones, but Verizon took away, like the Playstation App, or PS store?

You can do that anyways, if you check the box in application settings that says "allow unknown sources"

Unless you're talking about bravia engine, mega bass, or x-loud, then yes, you need root.

Actually, Verizon's Xplay (R800x) is stuck on 2.3.3. PlayStation Store require 2.3.4.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The article on xda-developers (as of this reply, I see there have been some revisions), claims this works on locked and unlocked bootloaders.

depends on the firmware update. If you're Verizon/R800i prior to update .62 it works on unlocked bootloaders.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk