Severe Force Closing Problems?

ookachuca

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I got my Play about a month or so ago from Verizon and had little to no problems with force closing. Only recently in the past few weeks has my phone been going rouge on me. Almost every app (including Facebook and Messaging) I open force closes or runs extremely slowly. I have cleared app data / app caches, tried multiple reboots and re-installations of apps and also downloaded a few task killers / phone speed optimization apps. Nothing seems to be working. I was wondering if i may have missed an update or something like that which may have fixed this problem with the phone. If not, is there some fix for this out there? Because it is driving me nuts. =(

P.S. I have NOT rooted my phone and it is running Android 2.3.3

Thanks,
Matt

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my Play about a month or so ago from Verizon and had little to no problems with force closing. Only recently in the past few weeks has my phone been going rouge on me. Almost every app (including Facebook and Messaging) I open force closes or runs extremely slowly. I have cleared app data / app caches, tried multiple reboots and re-installations of apps and also downloaded a few task killers / phone speed optimization apps. Nothing seems to be working. I was wondering if i may have missed an update or something like that which may have fixed this problem with the phone. If not, is there some fix for this out there? Because it is driving me nuts. =(

P.S. I have NOT rooted my phone and it is running Android 2.3.3

Thanks,
Matt

How much internal storage do you have left?

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
on my SD card 19.54GB and on my internal Storage 44.38MB

That's what I was afraid of. I've had Android phone since the G1 and every time I get below 45 MB of internal storage the phone starts yo act up. But perhaps that may very well not be the case. Are you rooted?

Last edited:

ookachuca

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. I've had Android phone since the G1 and every time I get below 45 MB of internal storage the phone starts yo act up. But perhaps that may very well not be the case. Are you rooted?

No I am not, However I am considering it if I cant get things turned around. Would you recommend it?
(I wont hold you accountable if my phone bricks lol)

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
No I am not, However I am considering it if I cant get things turned around. Would you recommend it?
(I wont hold you accountable if my phone bricks lol)

Rooting can help, what would help more is to do the following

open up command prompt (you need the android sdk for this trick)

navigate to your platform-tools folder
type in "adb shell"
then type in "pm setInstallLocation 2"

Reboot your phone, make sure that all apps that can be moved to sdcard have been, and that should help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc