Clockwork Mod Recovery for your LOCKED Bootloader Xperia Play!!

tergazzidroid

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I stumbled upon this today when trying to learn about our bootloader issue for the Verizon version of the Xperia Play... So here you go! (I did not create this, just sharing so all credit goes to whoever originally made it)

CWM-Install.rar

ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 Easy installation for

Xperia Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live With Walkman

1.Run install-cwm?.cmd
install-cwm1.cmd for Xperia Arc / Neo / PLAY
install-cwm2.cmd for Xperia Mini / MiniPro / Active / Live With Walkman
2.Enable USB Debugging on device
3.Connect your device using usb data cable
4.Follow on screen instruction

Usage

When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' logo appear, press and release continuously the volume down button.
Once you are in the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Disclaimer:
I can't be held responsible if this Mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!

All you need to do is download attchment extract somwhere on your computer and start it up it will do everything automatically! Have fun guys hope this helps

Reactions: Blare and totolepiz

aneptg

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Clockwork Mod Recovery for your LOCKED Bootloader Xperia Play

Does using it will Unlock the bootloader? so i can flash other rom? sorry , im newbie here.

phly2k

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I've been wrestling with this problem for days. I guess I brikked my phone. I have no service and my wi-fi doesn't even work. I've tried everything from super one click to flashtool, and I haven't had any lukk with anything. When I dial *#*#7378423#*#* and go under the configuration, everything from my MEID to my Working bands/s shows as UNKNOWN. I tried to factory reset my phone and just reactive my service, but my VZWSetup keeps force closing. PLEASE HELP ME!

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been wrestling with this problem for days. I guess I brikked my phone. I have no service and my wi-fi doesn't even work. I've tried everything from super one click to flashtool, and I haven't had any lukk with anything. When I dial *#*#7378423#*#* and go under the configuration, everything from my MEID to my Working bands/s shows as UNKNOWN. I tried to factory reset my phone and just reactive my service, but my VZWSetup keeps force closing. PLEASE HELP ME!

Find the .88 ftf, flash that. If you still get baseband unknown, it's broken, get a replacement.

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

so since i am clearly the last person who will post in this thread(most likely) thanks to op for posting this.

Francisco Del Muro

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
hey, i?m trying to do it but , when it asks me to give super user permition there?s nothing on my celphone's screen that allows me to do that?
what am i doing wrong? . please help