1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default BIS on Xperia PLAY

Thinking of switching from blackberry and getting an xperia play, but i have heard rumors that some people cant get a bis sim to work on their android phones.

I am on Virgin in the UK if that helps.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: BIS on Xperia PLAY

Anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by burk33y View Post
    Thinking of switching from blackberry and getting an xperia play, but i have heard rumors that some people cant get a bis sim to work on their android phones.

I am on Virgin in the UK if that helps.
    Depends on the type of phone you get (if you get an unlocked/unbranded phone (more expensive) it might work, not 100% sure)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

What I am trying to say is, I have a Blackberry at the moment, which uses a Service called Blackberry Internet Service, I have tested my BIS Sim Card in a friends Xperia play but it can only send and receive phone calls and texts, I can not use the Internet, is there a way of being able to use the internet without changing sim card?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

here in the US, the data plan is generally different between different OS smartphones. i switched from a BB to the Xperia Play as well, and I had to call AT&T and tell the service rep the IMEI of my phone, which they needed to update in their system before I could get internet on the Xperia Play. Hopefully that helps answer your question!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Yes it does work. At least for me it did, however, you're going to need to set your APN settings manually to get the data to work. That's all.