BIS on Xperia PLAY

burk33y

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of switching from blackberry and getting an xperia play, but i have heard rumors that some people cant get a bis sim to work on their android phones.

I am on Virgin in the UK if that helps.

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of switching from blackberry and getting an xperia play, but i have heard rumors that some people cant get a bis sim to work on their android phones.

I am on Virgin in the UK if that helps.

Depends on the type of phone you get (if you get an unlocked/unbranded phone (more expensive) it might work, not 100% sure)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

burk33y

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
What I am trying to say is, I have a Blackberry at the moment, which uses a Service called Blackberry Internet Service, I have tested my BIS Sim Card in a friends Xperia play but it can only send and receive phone calls and texts, I can not use the Internet, is there a way of being able to use the internet without changing sim card?

sephir00th

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
here in the US, the data plan is generally different between different OS smartphones. i switched from a BB to the Xperia Play as well, and I had to call AT&T and tell the service rep the IMEI of my phone, which they needed to update in their system before I could get internet on the Xperia Play. Hopefully that helps answer your question!

Faagmer

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does work. At least for me it did, however, you're going to need to set your APN settings manually to get the data to work. That's all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress