The Xperia ION on VZW......do I dare to dream?

Will the Xperia ION be offered by Verizon Wireless?

• Total voters

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone think we'll see the new Xperia ION come to Verizon Wireless? As an LTE device you would think Sony would want to offer a CDMA/LTE version to the company which has the largest LTE network in NA.

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
My favorite phone at CES was the Sony Xperia S...then I found out it'll never be here...Sony needs to make something awesome like that for the US...the Ion is nice but it won't hit VZ

Also, with the Pantech hitting AT&T for 49.99 Sony's phone will be expensive and I'd hate to see it go to Play route and barely make a dent against the iPhone crowd

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Asked Verizon about the Ion and was told there aren't any current plans to carry any Sony phones in the near future. Looks like it's going to be an AT&T exclusive, unfortunately.

pshaw520

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Asked Verizon about the Ion and was told there aren't any current plans to carry any Sony phones in the near future. Looks like it's going to be an AT&T exclusive, unfortunately.
You were told wrong. Verizon currently carries sony phones. In fact I am commenting from my Xperia play on verizon.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't think anyone really cares, TBH. That phone is way out of its league as far as when it was released - Way too late. It should have been released on AT&T around when the Rezound was to compete with that device, since it was spec competitive with that (S3 SoC, 720p Screen, 16GB and SD Card, HSPA+/LTE). It would have been a nice alternative to the HTC Vivid back then, since the Nitro HD is so damn terrible.

Right now Verizon wouldn't take this device when they can get something comparable to the Atrix HD on their network (RAZR HD?), have the Galaxy Nexus at $99, already have the Rezound which is better than the Ion, and have the GS3. They didn't even push for a One Series variant. Why would they want a Sony Phone with outdated specs running outdated software? Has Verizon ever carried an Sony/SE Xperia smartphone outside of the Xperia play (I think they carried that one, right?), even?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance