So who's getting the Ion?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a cm7 Aria as well, so thanks for the comparison!

Is the 8gb sd card a local deal or are all best buys giving it free?

drogers81

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my Ion yesterday, and so far it's great. My only complaint is the bottom keys (menu, home, back, search) They don't seem to pick up as responsively when they are touched, and at night, all that lights up are the lines underneath the symbol. Anyone else notice this problem, or I wonder if it could just be my phone?

JudgeMAN#AC

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a cm7 Aria as well, so thanks for the comparison!

Is the 8gb sd card a local deal or are all best buys giving it free?

No problem man. The Aria was a very good phone for the specs it had. You'll love the Ion if you're coming from it.

I am actually not all that sure if it is a local deal or if all Best Buys are giving it free. I assume its all best buys and probably all att stores because when I purchased my Ion, I was about to buy a microSD card so I wouldn't have to reformat the one being used in my Aria. Before I checked out, the rep told me that the phones came with a card already in it. He opened the box, opened the top and found the sd card in there already. There's a chance it's a local thing, but I would have expected the seller to give you a card still in packaging if that was so.

Reactions: erwaso

JudgeMAN#AC

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I got my Ion yesterday, and so far it's great. My only complaint is the bottom keys (menu, home, back, search) They don't seem to pick up as responsively when they are touched, and at night, all that lights up are the lines underneath the symbol. Anyone else notice this problem, or I wonder if it could just be my phone?

I have found it more responsive if you swipe up from the little markings up to the screen. I read that somewhere and gave it a shot, and my unresponsive button pushing was over. Hope that helps you as well.

Reactions: drogers81

drogers81

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have found it more responsive if you swipe up from the little markings up to the screen. I read that somewhere and gave it a shot, and my unresponsive button pushing was over. Hope that helps you as well.

That does really make a difference..much better than trying to push the button! Thanks.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No problem man. The Aria was a very good phone for the specs it had. You'll love the Ion if you're coming from it.

I am actually not all that sure if it is a local deal or if all Best Buys are giving it free. I assume its all best buys and probably all att stores because when I purchased my Ion, I was about to buy a microSD card so I wouldn't have to reformat the one being used in my Aria. Before I checked out, the rep told me that the phones came with a card already in it. He opened the box, opened the top and found the sd card in there already. There's a chance it's a local thing, but I would have expected the seller to give you a card still in packaging if that was so.

I'll swing by a best buy today. Might be worth it to pay $10 more over target wireless and get an 8gb sdcard :)

JudgeMAN#AC

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
That does really make a difference..much better than trying to push the button! Thanks.

No problem. As for only the lines lighting up at night, it is the same on my phone. I guess we just have to memorize the lineup of menu, home, back, search lol

I'll swing by a best buy today. Might be worth it to pay $10 more over target wireless and get an 8gb sdcard :)

I would certainly agree. Good luck and enjoy the phone when you get it! Don't expect too much out of the battery life until after a few cycles of recharging. That's what I have read at least. I can confirm that my battery life for day 3 is much better than it was on day 2. The first two day I let the battery completely discharge. After the second full discharge, I let the phone on the charger for 14 hours (Which I am now using for day 3). I have noticed the battery life is better on this day. Countless others have said their battery life only got better with time.

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Guy at best buy opened the phone for me and site enough there was an 8gb sd card pre loaded in it!

Maybe they're trying to make up for lack of headphones lol

On a side note they got a notice from Samsung to halt all galaxy s3 sales across carriers. I wonder what's up?

JudgeMAN#AC

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Guy at best buy opened the phone for me and site enough there was an 8gb sd card pre loaded in it!

Maybe they're trying to make up for lack of headphones lol

On a side note they got a notice from Samsung to halt all galaxy s3 sales across carriers. I wonder what's up?

Looks like you found out where you're getting your upgrade. I guess so haha. I'll take an sd card over earbuds anyday. Ear buds are cheap and don't last all too long in my experience, however, my Creative earbuds have lasted me over 2 years now. Longer than any pair I have owned.

Could it be because of patent issues filed by Apple? I think I recall reading something about Apple wanting to delay the SGSIII. I could be wrong. The patent wars, however, are getting way out of hand. In the end, I forsee Google taking over the world anyways.

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys had a quick question. I am using SwiftKey keyboard and like it so far over the stock app for the prediction capability. The only thing I don't like is the fact that you cannot see which emoticon you are selecting. I instead of the actual smiley you see the input method which doesn't let me know what is what. I any fixes for this or another keyboard that does this. Stock is the same

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Does the stock messaging app have a dark theme? So when texting the background is black or gray instead of white?

buckwild

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I purchased mine from the at&t store and it didn't come with an sd card. Must be a best buy exclusive.

sent from my Sony xperia ion

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
No its bright off white. I havent figured out how to change it. The texts you get are a tealish green from other people, the texts you send are in a pure white bubble.

JudgeMAN#AC

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I think I may have completely misunderstood your question. Are you referring to not knowing what the emoticon looks like when it's going to send before sending the actual text?

If so, that's how it is with all keyboards I have used so far, which is a fair amount. You just learn which ones are what after trying them out. You can always send them to your own number to see what they look like so no one thinks you're crazy, unless that's what you want to do.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63