how to root AT&T xperia ion -I'm a newbie

rn.labib

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi ,
this is my second android phone , I rooted my first phone ( Samsung infuse ) because I found simple instructions online , I used titanium backup to backup my apps , now I need to root my xperia ion to restore my app data, but the instructions I found are very complicated for me , can anyone provide a link to a simple method in plain English.I'm not interested in custom roms and such , I just need a root access to use Titanium backup.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi ,
this is my second android phone , I rooted my first phone ( Samsung infuse ) because I found simple instructions online , I used titanium backup to backup my apps , now I need to root my xperia ion to restore my app data, but the instructions I found are very complicated for me , can anyone provide a link to a simple method in plain English.I'm not interested in custom roms and such , I just need a root access to use Titanium backup.

Which version of android are you on? Try this http://pamandroid.blogspot.com/2012/07/root-att-sony-xperia-ion-how-to.html

Last edited:

JudgeMAN#AC

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi ,

The link already provided is for the LT28i, which is not the AT&T version. To achieve root for the AT&T version of the Ion, you need to go here xda-developers - View Single Post - Rooting Xperia ION (updated 6 Aug 2012). You will have to do this on a computer running windows.

bighuzkey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
i would like a step by step process how to root my sony xperia ion. i have never rooted android. i just got this phone yesterday. i use to have an iphone 4 and i jailbroke it and found it was easy to jailbreak. however im having trouble in find an easy process to root this phone please help

rn.labib

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my AT&T xperia ion to ICS and I need to root it only, I don't need to flash any custom roms . I only need to install Titanium Backup and backup my apps. any ideas how to root?
I looked at the link judeMAN provided but the steps include flashing a custom room.

ayupraput

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey,may you help me how to root my phone's Sony Xperia Ion?
I want to download some application from play store,but after I download that application,it's doesn't work for my phone,because my phone isn't root yet..
How can I root my Sony Xperia Ion? Thx before

Sent from my LT28h using Android Central Forums