Just Bought an ION

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got an Xperia ION for my daughter and it had an sdcard in it (can't remember if it's a 4GB or 8GB now). From everything I've read, an sdcard does not come with this phone so now I'm wondering if either this phone was used and returned or is refurbished. I got it at Best Buy, because it was free with a 2 year activation, and the AT&T Store was $99.99.

So I have two questions -

1. Was there an sdcard in any ION that anyone purchased?

2. How do you tell if a phone is refurbished?

It had had all the "stickers" on the phone (on the screen, camera and back) when we got it and the plug had the same "sticker" around it and doesn't look like it was used.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rveth71

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
As an at&t employee, It is a returned item....The Ion doesnt include an sd card..the stickers were probably saved from the first purchaser or they took them off a DOA...to the best of my knowledge it is company policy to place a identifier on the phone when it is a refurb...hope this helps...

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
As an at&t employee, It is a returned item....The Ion doesnt include an sd card..the stickers were probably saved from the first purchaser or they took them off a DOA...to the best of my knowledge it is company policy to place a identifier on the phone when it is a refurb...hope this helps...

Thank you very much. Now I'm not happy and will have to do a factory reset and bring it back to get a real new one. I don't like being duped. I didn't realize the memory card was in the phone until I tried to put the one in that we purchased and saw there was one there already. Then I got to thinking about it, and it didn't seem right. Wish I knew why it was returned though.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
There was another member here talking about getting the card included with the ion he bought from Best Buy. Might be legit.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

Reactions: rcalderaro

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
There was another member here talking about getting the card included with the ion he bought from Best Buy. Might be legit.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

Thanks for this! I'll do a search and see what else I can find. I really hope I don't have to return the phone, my daughter already put a ton of apps on it, and I know she won't be happy about having to do it all over again.

bobby james

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I returned my One X (battery life was horrible) for an Ion today. So far I really like the phone a lot. I got a SD included to from best buy. How do I bring up the task manager on this phone?

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The phone in fact comes with a SD Card

I bought mine from teh AT&T store on release day and the only thing it came with in the box was some paper, the Rapid Charger, and the phone itself.

I had my own 16GB SD Card, though. They're $20 from Best Buy really no reason to have anything less than 16Gb at those prices (it's a class 10 Sandisk card).

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I ordered one from bestbuy online early last week. It came with an 8GB SD Card. It also had some user apps installed like the Amazon App Store etc. I exchanged it and grabbed an S3 instead because i didn't like the flap that covers the charging/hdmi port. But after having freeze ups with the S3 and getting tired of the same ole Samsung Touchwiz and HTC's Sense overlay, I decided it was definitely time for a change and went back to the Xperia ion. The second ion also came with an 8Gb SD Card as well but didn't have the Amazon App Store installed like my first ion. So I'm thinking the first one was probably a refurbished unit or something....

But nevertheless, I'm happy I went back to the ion. It's fast enough for me and the screen is gorgeous in sunlight. The flap over the charging port, has become a non-factor to me.

Now if I could only find a good case :)

rob6188#AC

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
People seem to like the Ballistic SG case, but looking around myself. As for the flap, I hate that thing. After my 30 days, it's coming off! Otherwise, it's a seriously nice phone. At the current price of $1, it's a steal.

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought an Incipio SILICRYLIC case for my daughter, and she likes it. Now that I've read about the Ballistic case, I'm thinking of getting that since
it seems that it will protect the phone better than the Incipio.

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine came with a 4GB card pre installed. bought it at the best buy store, not online. I wasn't expecting a card to come at all so it was a pleasent surprise but I wonder why some got bigger cards than others. I have a 32gb card and I knew it had around 10gbs internal so I wasn't too worried about the 4gb that came with it. I have a nice amount of memory lol. the 32 is all but full and I still have all of my internal memory.

the charger cover concerned me at first, it was bothersome but I feel like it looks better with the flap. it makes the phone look sleeker. unfortunately after using the phone for about a week it still is a slight annoyance but its hardly a deal breaker considering the phone was only $1 =)

Sent from my LT28at using Android Central Forums