Help with Settings on ION

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got an ION, unwillingly, in an exchange for my Samsung Infuse - well my 4th one after 3 warranty exchanged refurbished phones all ended up being defective (in 2 months!). As I said, I really didn't want this phone but it was the only one of comparable value available in the store and after 3 rapid exchanges I was being told that the next replacement Infuse would take 4-6 weeks. I would have been given a antiquated flip phone as a temp.

I chose the Infuse because the display on the phone was kind on my eyes and most everything was easily visible.

So I already have a negative attitude about this phone and now I am discovering that it is way different then my Infuse despite being and Android phone. I am hoping someone here will be able to help me make this phone more comfortable to use.

I would like to have a keyboard that has larger keys. I have tried both the Android keyboard and the Xeperia keyboard that are on the ION but there is ZERO change in the way they display. Are there other reliable keyboards out there that offer a more visible, larger key keyboard?

Is there is a way to enlarge the font in the text message app. The font is so tiny and thin.

I'd also like to know if there is a way to change the way the text messages are displayed. I believe they are similar to how an Iphone does it, in bubbles on opposite sides of the screen. I can barely see them, again, because the text is so tiny. I don't understand why, with such a large screen, the designers would choose to limit the messages to one half of the screen.

Finally. Is there a way to remove the mute button from the start screen? It is so easy to accidentally slide it instead of the unlock button and unknowingly mute the phone.

Thanks in advance!

Hilary

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I use go sms pro for text messaging available on the play store for free. You can do all you want and more. Regarding the keyboard I use SwiftKey, I believe it was 1.99. It is far better guessing what I type if it's misspelled. It's a great phone just give it time.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion using Tapatalk 2.

Reactions: Twisted5150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz