Xperia Ion & Media Go - Music Transfer Issues

SonyGuy

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I've only had the phone about a month, but I seem to be having serious issues with media transfer (specifically music). Prior to getting a Micro SD card, I transferred a ton of music to my phone, with no issue (I have TONS of music). Now, I'm running into issues with having the media transfer to the card, and/or having my phone recognize the media.

Using the Media Go program to transfer the music to the mounted 32GB Micro SD does not work. I only end up getting 6 bands, and the rest show up across the bottom of the program in a pink bar saying an error occurred. Additionally, I seem to be having a similar issue with simply copy/pasting the files onto the Micro SD card.

Is there a specific format of music that the Ion will not accept? Is there a specific way I need to format the Micro SD card (currently formatted to FAT32)? Any ideas?

Eddie444

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I also seem to be having issues with this. No matter what I try all of my music is rejected in Media Go and will not transfer to my Ion. Obviously if I select to transfer to my phone's internal memory (16gb though now down to 5gb seeing as 3gb were already wasted by pre-loaded crap and the rest are games and apps I downloaded from the market) my music WILL transfer there with no problem. I hate that many android phones now force your apps to be downloaded and installed on the internal memory instead of giving the user the option to install in their memory cards instead. I mean that is why we have memory cards, right? So we do not have to quickly waste our phone's internal memory.

Turns out Samsung and Sony are some of those companies that have placed the internal memory as the primary source for files to be downloaded to. So our memory cards are the second source but it is limited to the control the user has. I have been trying to find a way to convince my phone to install my files into the memory card instead so I will let you know the solution once I find the answer. Please stay in contact with me as I will too.

SonyGuy

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Update (for anyone who might also be having the same issues): I formatted the card with it mounted in the phone, and then successfully transferred all the music to the SD Card on the first try. I'm almost positive I've done this exact process before without it working, however I did upgrade it to IceCreamSandwhich recently, and I don't know if that makes a difference.

Clif1999

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with Media Go and transferring my music to my Ion. I was using a brand new 32GB SD card. I went through the process 3 times and the transfer process kept failing. Well, one time it seemed to be successful, but all of my music mysteriously disappeared from the SD card minutes after the transfer process was completed. I switched out the new SD card for an old one on that I had on one of my previous phones went through the process once more and it worked like a charm. I think it was something about the new SD card or either I needed to format it on the phone itself first, which I don't think I did. When I have time, I will try the new card again, format it on the phone first and see what happens.

SonyGuy

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with Media Go and transferring my music to my Ion. I was using a brand new 32GB SD card. I went through the process 3 times and the transfer process kept failing. Well, one time it seemed to be successful, but all of my music mysteriously disappeared from the SD card minutes after the transfer process was completed. I switched out the new SD card for an old one on that I had on one of my previous phones went through the process once more and it worked like a charm. I think it was something about the new SD card or either I needed to format it on the phone itself first, which I don't think I did. When I have time, I will try the new card again, format it on the phone first and see what happens.

Actually, while I was at the gym the other day, I realized only 6 or so albums transferred properly. I'm gonna grab a new SD card and see if that makes a difference. It's relatively frustrating, but maybe that's what I get for not going with a brand name SD card.

Sent from my LT28at using Android Central Forums

Clarenz Inosanto

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi..im having the same problem as u do,wid my xperia ion lte..its hard to transfer music files from internal storage to xternal memory card..my sd card is useless..it suckz

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante