WiFi doesn't turn off!

AlCandroide

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Sony Xperia U running ICS.
Some time ago, I tried to turn off my WiFi adapter. Surprisingly, i keeps trying it and it gives up after 30 seconds (+/-). This happens every time, now.
The only way I can turn it off is to reboot my phone.
It really annoys me because my phone has a horrible battery life.

I really need help on this one.

Andre Seixas

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
The same happend to me after installing android 4!
Everything went well until after a month or so...
If I repair the phone on Sony Bridge for Mac and re-install android 4, it fixes it but after some weeks the problem resurges...
I've re-installed android 4 several times but the problem always appears again...
It's a shame because I liked a lot the phone...

Dmitry Kuish

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The same problem with my Xperia U, ICS 4.0.4.(6.1.1.B.1.10) It worked really good after updating, but only for a first month. A week ago wifi in the phone stopped turn off, I re-install android, but it did not solve the issue.

Last edited:

Dmitry Kuish

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that no apps like this "Check out this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etterwifionoff" will work cause problem is inside that version ICS. What I will do I will re install OS without any additional software. I belive that problem came from other software or updates. Wifi in my phone worked perfect for the whole month after updating. I installed something or updeted and then it happend (dont remember which app). If you install one program in 2 days and do no updates you will certainly see which app is guilty in that.

AlCandroide

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that no apps like this "Check out this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etterwifionoff" will work cause problem is inside that version ICS. What I will do I will re install OS without any additional software. I belive that problem came from other software or updates. Wifi in my phone worked perfect for the whole month after updating. I installed something or updeted and then it happend (dont remember which app). If you install one program in 2 days and do no updates you will certainly see which app is guilty in that.

So you are saying that I have to lose my data?

Dmitry Kuish

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
what I did, I saved my phone book on the Google. then uninstalled all apps and re install OS, now wifi works just perfect (no additional software). Do you have installed "astro file manager" version ASTRO-4.2.463 ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL