- 2 Posts
SD card contents not appearing on PC
I need some help with my SD card.
Recently, I tried to root my Arc but it didn't work, my phone won't start up after the flashing part and I decided to reset my phone to factory settings using Sony Update Service.
Now the phone's fine and I decided not to root anymore (it upgraded to android 4.0 which is better than my 2.3 before, so I am satisfied with that), but my SD card does not show its contents on my PC when connected by USB. The contents such as music and movie files are still in there when I checked in my phone file viewer, they weren't wiped out, but I can't see these files on my PC at all. The SD card used to have my name as its drive name, but now it only states "SD Card" on my PC. The available empty space is still the same, but it seems my files are hidden or something. Any attempt for me to "import" those files from the SD card to the PC drive seems to result in error.
Could anyone point out to me what's wrong here? Thanks for any help.
- 08-04-2013, 11:49 AM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: SD card contents not appearing on PC
Thanks for your reply. I tried to install the driver downloaded from sonymobile.com, but it already said that the driver is already up-to-date. I found that some of my files are now visible when I tried to view them on my PC again, I am not sure if the files are slowly coming in or what.
Appreciate you recommending the WiFi Transfer App, now that shows the entire contents of my SD card. Still, it's not so convenient to download through WiFi all those huge media files that are still hidden on my PC; works for the short-term though.
- By BGoldsmith in forum HTC EVO Design 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-2014, 02:33 AM
- By Ed27 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 08-06-2013, 04:00 AM
- By kaschiro in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 3Last Post: 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM
- By w0by in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
- By mrCorduroy in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2013, 04:12 AM