Accidentally deleted Phone and Contact App

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Dear community

Yesterday I bought a Sony Xperia T and I wanted to delete some pre-installed apps with Cleaner app. Unfortunantly, I also accidentally deleted the 'Contact' and 'Phone' app. And now I'm asking if there is a way to retrieve them back.

I would be very appreciated if someone would help me to resolve this problem.

I tried to set the phone into factory settings trough settings, back-up and reset, reset factory settings but still no result :/

I downloaded the Contacts+ app but when I tried to create a new contact or to add a phone number of someone, it says that it couldn't find an application for this action.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dear community

Yesterday I bought a Sony Xperia T and I wanted to delete some pre-installed apps with Cleaner app. Unfortunantly, I also accidentally deleted the 'Contact' and 'Phone' app. And now I'm asking if there is a way to retrieve them back.

I would be very appreciated if someone would help me to resolve this problem.

I tried to set the phone into factory settings trough settings, back-up and reset, reset factory settings but still no result :/

I downloaded the Contacts+ app but when I tried to create a new contact or to add a phone number of someone, it says that it couldn't find an application for this action.

Welcome to the forums!
I think the only way to bring those back is to reflash the original ROM.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last question: What does reflash the original ROM mean? What does a ROM do? Sorry for not knowing so much about Android :(

Its OK. A ROM is an OS version. Like Windows or iOS. Reflashing the ROM should bring back the apps you deleted.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It should. You have an Xperia T right?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Yes and btw, where do I find the dialler since I don't have the Contact and Phone app? I searched on google where to find it but I only see links of the definition of dialler. I need to find it so I can write *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
And what if I downgrade my Xperia? Maybe that should bring the contacts and phone app back? Or does it require an unlocked boot loader? Or maybe there is a ROM with locked bootloader? If I download custom ROM, will that bring those contacts and phone app back?

Sorry, I'm a newbie of Android :/

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
And what if I downgrade my Xperia? Maybe that should bring the contacts and phone app back? Or does it require an unlocked boot loader? Or maybe there is a ROM with locked bootloader? If I download custom ROM, will that bring those contacts and phone app back?

Sorry, I'm a newbie of Android :/

Well, any custom or stock ROM will bring those apps back. So if you can root, and flash a stock ROM that works too.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
YES FINNALY!!!! I've got the contacts and phone app back!!
Here's what I've done: I just made a new service update from the official sony website XD

And Golfdriver, thanks for giving me some knowledge about ROM, Stock, etc... :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
YES FINNALY!!!! I've got the contacts and phone app back!!
Here's what I've done: I just made a new service update from the official sony website XD

And Golfdriver, thanks for giving me some knowledge about ROM, Stock, etc... :)

No sweat. Glad you are fully up and running again. Thanks for posting your solution.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.