Sony keyboard keeps disappearing

Sammi Timms

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sony Xperia SP. I have had this phone for about 4 weeks now, the keyboard has worked fine, only up until the 3rd week. Now currently this week my keyboard has been disappearing whilst i am typing in it. It doesn't erase the text within the text box, but the keyboard will disappear. I will then attempt pressing my text box, many times(many many many times), in hope my keyboard will reappear=Fail. 15 seconds later or maybe longer, it then decides to reappear, only for me to type a couple of words more, to then disappear and bugger off AGAIN!!! This is highly frustrating and at times i have felt the urge to throw my phone in anger. This keyboard issue happens in my 'messages' , all apps, Online browsing on chrome, in which i then decided to download Firefox thinking it was chrome that was causing this keyboard malfunction. Incorrect, it happens on Firefox as well.
Now from what i can recall, this has started since this weekend into this week (11thSept) to begin with i only noticed it on Chrome, hence why i mentioned above about me then installing Firefox and all my other apps on this phone. NOW its effecting my messages also, and every other section on my mobile phone as well. Please help ... i don't know what to do, i have a feeling its an android issue, so maybe i cannot take it back to my mobile supplier that i purchased it from?

p.s -and NO i DO NOT click the close button on the keyboard...So please don't suggest this.

many thanks, and i hope someone can help me here I am so frustrated

monicakershaw

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sony Xperia SP. I have had this phone for about 4 weeks now, the keyboard has worked fine, only up until the 3rd week. Now currently this week my keyboard has been disappearing whilst i am typing in it. It doesn't erase the text within the text box, but the keyboard will disappear. I will then attempt pressing my text box, many times(many many many times), in hope my keyboard will reappear=Fail. 15 seconds later or maybe longer, it then decides to reappear, only for me to type a couple of words more, to then disappear and bugger off AGAIN!!! This is highly frustrating and at times i have felt the urge to throw my phone in anger. This keyboard issue happens in my 'messages' , all apps, Online browsing on chrome, in which i then decided to download Firefox thinking it was chrome that was causing this keyboard malfunction. Incorrect, it happens on Firefox as well.
Now from what i can recall, this has started since this weekend into this week (11thSept) to begin with i only noticed it on Chrome, hence why i mentioned above about me then installing Firefox and all my other apps on this phone. NOW its effecting my messages also, and every other section on my mobile phone as well. Please help ... i don't know what to do, i have a feeling its an android issue, so maybe i cannot take it back to my mobile supplier that i purchased it from?

p.s -and NO i DO NOT click the close button on the keyboard...So please don't suggest this.

many thanks, and i hope someone can help me here I am so frustrated

monicakershaw

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, yes this keeps happening to me! It is so annoying even now it has taken me about 10 attempts and 30 mins later just to type this message. My live wallpapers also stop working after I have been using the internet. I have tried changing the keyboard settings and this makes no difference! Another issue is my phone stays black during phone calls so I can't use the menu or exit call until the other person does. I don't know what to do. I wish I never got this phone now!

goochbunt2

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Install google keyboard then disable all xpria keyboard my discontinued z1s does this to me all the time. Until I switched keyboard. Just make sure u disable all xpria keyboards I didn't see that my phone didn't disable it and would sometimes do it. Now I don't have this problem

Last edited: