Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Frustrated User

Hi to you all

I'm coming from an annoying Samsung Galaxy Pocket and I love Samsung phones. I really did not enjoy that phone as it was super slow, I think it had a factory fault. I now have a Sony Xperia M and I'm enjoying it very much. It's fast enough with a rare lag. I can't understand why Sony is not updating this phone. It was said Android Kit Kat will be able to work on any phone with a 512MB RAM, so I really would like them to update this phone. Their updates lately have been very fast, I hope they will update this phone as well.

There's this 15.1.C.2.8 update. I won't be downloading it after I saw the problems that it caused on other owners. They have to fix this. I really love Android and I want to enjoy my my phone. If thre is a way they can get this message, it must be sent as I want to have the latest version of Android in my phone. I can't understand the idea of lauching a phone with Android 4.2 now when we are in Android 4.4. Mine is worse in Androd 4.1.2. That must be fixed.

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Frustrated User

Perhaps its time for a custom ROM?
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Have you looked on Cyanogen's website for your device?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I don't know ho that works and I'm not sure if I want to take the risk.

There's a few choices you have to update your phone, but by your tone you don't want to go down that route as you
    Can" brick " your mobile so that's understandable. Sony at the moment is only updating a handful of devices which are
    the models, T TL Z and tablet Z and this is to 4.3 which is installed via Windows computer by a Sony program which
    installs from your device to your computer and lets you update it, you cannot upgrade over the air ' OTA'. Like is mentioned
    by the other bloggers their are certain sites you can use to get custom roms but these are not always safe, and can have
    Some bugs ,I think if your that desperate to have kitkat then get the latest Google phone the Nexus 5 if you can afford it?.
    It takes manufacturie's a long time to get updates out for each and every device because it's a complicated process so
    For now if you don't want to go with any of them routes you'll have to stick with the phone you have, good luck!

Posted via Android Central App