1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Retrive contacts from damaged phone

i recently brought a sony xperia m (single sim). today night it stopped responding so i tried restarting the phone. since then the phone is not booting. it is just stuck at the sony logo. if i go to any sony retailer they would format the phone or repair it (i think because it is within warranty). but doing so would make me loose all my contacts. my contacts are in my phone memory. i tried connecting it to my pc via usb cable but sony pc companion is not detecting it. i have not synced my contacts to google till now so i cannot get them back from google account, nor have i backed up my contacts on my memory card. is there any way for me to get back my contacts?? i need the contacts. please help!!!
    i have tried rebooting my phone into safe mode but it is not booting. i tried removing the memory card and sim card and booting still the same. it is just stuck at the sony logo. please help me get back my contacts. please help !!!

Default Re: Retrive contacts from damaged phone

Unfortunately the only way to get those contacts, if stored in internal memory, is to get the phone to 'talk' with a PC for a backup. Service Centers MAY be able to do this since they have machines and cables and dongles that can 'talk' to the phone on a low level before it boots, but only if the phone's system is intact.

I wish I could give you better news, but unless you can get your phone to go into recovery (at least), chances of getting them back are quite slim.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

do you mean the chances to recover my contacts is immpossible or slim. if it is possible by any chance i would like to know. thanks for the reply

As Spookdroid said, if they're not backed up, and you can't access phone memory, not much if any chance of saving them, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by abhish143 View Post
    do you mean the chances to recover my contacts is immpossible or slim. if it is possible by any chance i would like to know. thanks for the reply
    Well, the fact that you said you can't even go into Recovery mode is not of much hope, since that's pretty much the 'basic' functions of the phone. However, like I said, repair centers usually have more specialized hardware and MIGHT be able to access the phone's internals even if the OS is 'dead', but again, that's something you should ask the repair center and see if its possible to do before they wipe everything from your phone. And since most of the time they make you sign a waiver that pretty much says that if you're leaving the phone for repair you accept that they can wipe it clean and assume you already have a backup, it's better to ask first.