1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default AT&T has dropped the X10

Just out of curiosity I checked the ATT site to see if there was any info on this 2.1 update nightmare and come to find out that the x10 is no longer SOLD.
    I guess this pretty much puts the update question to rest through ATT. Pretty sad and @#$%@% customer service (JOKE) by AT&T.
    This is my last phone contract with this company.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth

whats ******ed is it was dropped due to lack of sales BUT the lack of sales are due to the fact they were lagging on the android updates for the device

Quote Originally Posted by leo5111 View Post
    whats ******ed is it was dropped due to lack of sales BUT the lack of sales are due to the fact they were lagging on the android updates for the device
    And that they did very little to promote the device.

AT&T does a horrible job of managing and promoting the devices they carry outside of the iPhone, and even the iPhone's success is due to Apple's product team. With the loss of iPhone exclusivity and continued network problems, it will be interesting to see if they can improve their support of Android devices.

no they didn't it's still on the site, I'm looking at it as we speak

They didn't. I have just bought an X10 from AT&T

I was able to get one at my local store

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth

there was talk of at&t dropping it then, it was decided it would get updated to 2.33 so they are keeping it for now

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T has dropped the X10

AT&T is a very confused company at times lol
    Nokia E71, Nokia E72, iPhone 2g, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Palm Pixi Plus, BlackBerry Torch, Samsung Captivate
    Android Geek

ROM
    Stock Android Rom v2.1.0

I don't think they're dropping it. I just got mine replaced because of battery problems but doesn't seem like it's going to be dropped. Either I get one of the $50 HTC 4G phones at AT&T. But if they drop down the PRICE I might get this phone.
    Android Geek

ROM
    Stock Android Rom v2.1.0

Just looked on AT&T's website and no x10a there. R.I.P. Sony Ericsson Xperia x10a

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android

AT&T is a little weird with that. Once you buy a phone they take it off of the web page, but only for you. Example: I got an Atrix 2 a week ago, and because I have it, it doesn't show up in the list of phones available for purchase on the site when I log in with my account, but I know for a fact they are still selling them.

Any phone you've ever bought before WILL NOT show up on the AT&T website, whether they sell them still or not.