Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Root the X10

    **Note -- this is based on my experience with the exploit, and information from others. I have no X10 to test this myself, but have been assured that it works with all versions.**

    Download the attached application (apk file) and use the Sideload Wonder Machine to install it.

    You can then run the application, and by all accounts it will easily root your X10.

    Anyone testing this method is encouraged to reply and share their experience

    All credit for the application goes out to , who even shares his source code. Thanks ardf69!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  
    Icon's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    ROM
    X:DS 4.2 X10:CM 6.1.3

    Default

    I got a Xperia for free from my Sony rep, so I activated it on a dealer line just for a toy to use. I used this method to root it, and it was successful. Thanks for the info, your awesome Jerry. However I do have one question. After I rooted, I tried to install Titanium to back up my phone, before I flashed any ROMs. However, when I open Titanium, it just force closes. I granted it SU permissions, but for some reason it still FCs. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

    Icon
    "Life isn't fair, and neither are smartphone upgrades" -Phil Nickinson
  3. #3  

    Default

    i keep getting the "unhandled exeption has occured in your application" message, ive tried hooking up the usb differently, other apk files like z4root and nothing, what do i do so i wont get thet message and the apk file installs to my phone? xperia x10a at&t
  4. #4  

    Default

    As I've noticed, the first post is from February and it wasn't tested.

    This is how i did it on my X10 (works with all models)

    Download , install drivers (\flashtool\drivers), enable usb debugging, plug usb and ROOT!

    You can do it similarly with .

    More detailed instructions .
    Igor Vidal
    Visit my blog: mylifewithx10.blogspot.com for more info and tips for the Xperia X10!
  5. #5  

    Default

    Thank you
  6. #6  
    d3f
    d3f is offline
    d3f's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default thank's!!!

    thank's!!!
  7. #7  
    Pawi's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default

    Great!
  8. #8  

    Default

    I've read through the entire thread and did everything:
    - "charge only"
    - installed .NET4
    - turned off USB mass storage device completely (by changing a key in regedit)
    - debugging on
    - confirmed on device manager that it's read as an ericcson device and drivers are up to date (from ericcson official website for x10).
    I have an AT&T X10 with the official 2.1 update that recently came out.
    I still get "device not found". Please help!! Many thanks in advance!
  9. #9  

    Default

    works for my
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcho1985 View Post
    I've read through the entire thread and did everything:
    - "charge only"
    - installed .NET4
    - turned off USB mass storage device completely (by changing a key in regedit)
    - debugging on
    - confirmed on device manager that it's read as an ericcson device and drivers are up to date (from ericcson official website for x10).
    I have an AT&T X10 with the official 2.1 update that recently came out.
    I still get "device not found". Please help!! Many thanks in advance!
    This is the same with me... I've been trying all day.
  11. #11  
    brett1's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Root the X10

    same here
  12. #12  
    brett1's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Root the X10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramslayer View Post
    This is the same with me... I've been trying all day.
    me too doing my head in now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. #13  
    brett1's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Root the X10

    hi tried everything followed as much as i can, and people don'y mean to sound think but will it look any different when it's rooted?? how will i now if done corectlly??

    brett1
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    Quote Originally Posted by jcho1985 View Post
    I have an AT&T X10 with the official 2.1 update that recently came out.
    I still get "device not found". Please help!! Many thanks in advance!
    I remember having that issue when my sis-inlaw first got phone last Nov, I think it had to download a Java SDK file, try or the Oracle website. I was using 1.6 at that time not sure if it is the same read up on it on the site. hope it helps, I'm not that knowledgeable on this subject, just remember having same issues and I think this was the fix.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    does this work with Sony Ericsson LIve With Walkman(WT91i)???
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    hi, when I downloaded the attatched file, it installed well, I began da ROOT, but it never ends copying files... it just stops at 'wifi off.. wifi on''. so what do I do nxt??
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    When you try to root your X10. It will damage your wifi driver. I faced same problem with my X10. I was not able to root my phone either. And my wifi driver is also damaged. I'll never be able to use my wifi again. And i can't even update my firmware bcoz it needs wifi connectivity to update firmware. I'm trapped, no escape.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    do you find the answer 4 ur question???

    im using same hp with your's...
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    Hey guys
    Before I root my 6 month old SGS3 still under warranty, I bought a used SE Xperia X10a (Rogers) running stock Android 2.3.3 so I can learn how to root a phone. I am a little hesitant to root my S3 and decided to wait til the warranty up in July, so in the meantime, thought I'd learn using the X10. So I was going to try the SuperOneClick method referenced above and follow some of the other instructions igornvidal posted above. Will do it on my crappy Windows Vista Dell POC machine instead of my mac. Is there anything else I need to know besides what is referenced and posted above?

    Thanks!
    Cathy
    Samsung Note 3 Android 4.4.2///Samsung Note 8 Android 4.2.2 N-5110 rooted///Samsung S3 i747, Android 4.1.1
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    yeah. it happens to me too darn it. somebody please help us
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    use super one click to root your phone. You can search tutorials on youtube
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Root the X10

    Worked fine for me on Sony Xperia X10a

    Thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    **Note -- this is based on my experience with the exploit, and information from others. I have no X10 to test this myself, but have been assured that it works with all versions.**

    Download the attached application (apk file) and use the Sideload Wonder Machine to install it.

    You can then run the application, and by all accounts it will easily root your X10.

    Anyone testing this method is encouraged to reply and share their experience

    All credit for the application goes out to , who even shares his source code. Thanks ardf69!

Posting Permissions

B