Visit site
Ive been noticing on other forums that some people are commenting on the
SE-Arc and the things shown below ,

No smart dialing

Display doesn?t have auto brightness control

Display has poor viewing angles

Micro SD card slot is not hot-swappable

No LED notification

any one with the Arc , what do you think ?

RacecarBMW

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
1. There might be an app for that

2. There are apps for that

3. Are you sure I read it has good viewing angles.

4. Who gives a damn. The only phone that is hot swappable is the xperia play.

5. This one is a bummer but even the Nexus S is like this

jctannery

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
There is LED notification. It's located just beside the USB slot.

This is my first Android phone, coming from a devout Apple/iOS fanboi, and I'm impressed with it. So far no regrets replacing my iPhone 4 over it.

-----
Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

m111

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It could accept custom menu configurations, instead of sony -ericsson/operator.

Terrible Battery, about a third of the time of Nexus S., and a fourth from Iphone.

The worse however, is the screen with no protective coating, my phone was looking old in the second day of use. (Something that does not happen with my much older Samsung- Nexus S and Apple - Iph 4 - both with perfect screens)

Also Sony Ericsson customer service is awful here in Brazil, if I could return it and get a refund like they do in the US, I would (Here no one does).

yake82

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Battery could be betterbut this phone just feels great in the hand, can use one handed no problem not like other massive phones out there. I would have gotten the nexus s but my carrier didn't have it. The camera is amazing on this phone too, I'm pretty happy with it and can't wait for ics :)

riccardo.dv

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

No smart dialing

Display doesn’t have auto brightness control

No LED notification

There is auto bright adjust, and the notification led is on the side. Mine has poor battery life and sometimes it is just too slow closing/opening big apps. Few internal storage too

Tapatalk @Xperia Arc S

m111

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Update helped battery life.

Still is not worth the price.

Buy samsung, lg or motorola, specially if they offer kevlar, gorillaglass or equivalent.

My old nexus S looks brand new, while my new arc looks terrible!

Sonyericsson support in Brazil is terrible!

andy957

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

No smart dialing

Display doesn’t have auto brightness control

No LED notification

My comments:
1. Gorgeous brilliant display. Cannot comment on viewing angles, as I always look at it face-on.
2. Excellent call quality, several people commented that it was perfectly clear, had no "cell phone" tinny sound whatsoever.
3. Good speakerphone quality.

Bad:
1. VERY SLOW. Constantly got messages that apps had crashed, did I want to continue or report. Sometimes couldn't even reboot the phone without doing a battery pull, this was a daily occurrence. I wiped and reinstalled a ton of stuff several times, to no avail.
2. SE Timescape app not really useful - for me -
3. Could not figure out how not to continually sync my Facebook/LinkedIn/Google contacts so that I would only get my Gmail contacts in my address book. No matter what I tried, I got all of them and didn't want any except Google in my contact list. SE and my carrier (Rogers) tech support had no clue how to do that.

Verdict? I returned it. Totally frustrating phone. But I hear the Arc S which is due out shortly is going to address these issues. Stay tuned! :)

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I m using arc for a year now may be. The worst part for me is its built quality. I dont mean screen. Screen is perfect for me but its case!!!
Still best design in market may be but one of the worst material quality! You cant use this nice design without a case. Even you are a careful user, you will have cracks on plastic case which is a known issue.

tzhou1999

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
a few complains : no.1 would be the physical keys at the bottom of the screen, especially the two small one. they are too close to the screen and hard to press.

LED notification light on the side, what's the point? front facing is much better.

build/material quality.

set screen brightness to medium low as it react to direct sunlight brilliantly.

battery life pretty decent.

Blake .l

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I just bought 2 of the Xperia arc S models and they are unbelievable!!!! Super fast and very responsive... I replaced my Atrix 2 with the arc S as it blew the Aatrix 2 away..... If youve not tried one your missing out.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar