facebook wont sync

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got the xperia play today and I downloaded the facebook app well when I go to accounts and sync and I click add account I hit facebook but it does nothing? Anyone know why this is?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got the xperia play today and I downloaded the facebook app well when I go to accounts and sync and I click add account I hit facebook but it does nothing? Anyone know why this is?

Mine does the same thing. So now it won't sync the contact photos...it feels weird not having them. And I dislike that you can not link contacts.

STEINBERG5

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that people are having the same issue. Problem is that 2.3.2 doesnt have Facebook integration but when the 2.3.3 update arrives this will solve this issue. I have talked to Sony Ericsson and they dont know when that will arrive. GSM models have already received update and from what I have read it should be available soon.

Sony Ericsson also told me that through their partnership with Google, they will provide updated for the lifetime of the device. Hope this helps!

P0LSK1

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have the 2.3.3 update and it still is not allowing me to sync contacts from facebook, anyone have any other suggestions??? I just got the Xperia on VZW today and I am about to go take it back!

tergazzidroid

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but just in case if anyone is still having issues with this..... You can download an app called Friends Sync from the market, and it will sync your FB contacts with your phones contacts. Keep in mind in order for it to sync correctly, your phone contact name needs to be exactly the same as their FB name.

From doing research this FB Sync issue is mainly a issue only on the Verizon Xperia Play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca