Drops data conectivity

hounddog88

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
So, randomly during the day my phone loses all data connectivity, says i am no longer in my coverage area and that my data is roaming and i will incur serious charges to continue using my data. I don't hardly ever go more than twenty miles from home and never had a problem with my OG droid. The only fix i come up with is rebooting my phone and that dosent fix it all of the time. Any help?

STEINBERG5

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So, randomly during the day my phone loses all data connectivity, says i am no longer in my coverage area and that my data is roaming and i will incur serious charges to continue using my data. I don't hardly ever go more than twenty miles from home and never had a problem with my OG droid. The only fix i come up with is rebooting my phone and that dosent fix it all of the time. Any help?
I've had the same issue. Make sure data roaming is turned on and then it shouldnt have as many issues. If you have Wifi at home i recommend using that as well.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I'm having the same issues. I've also noticed that my connection speed is significantly slower with this phone than any other I've owned. Rhapsody and Sirius are basically unsuable on my drive to work, and tethering is almost useless unless I'm just checking emails.

Also I've found that while tethered to my car computer, It constantly sticks to 1X, where previous phones would jump back to 3G when re-entering a good service area. I have to enter and exit airplane mode to get it to reconnect to 3G.

I called Verizon about it and they said that they don't make guarantees of network speeds, and gave the the usual "dial #228 and update your prl blah blah blah" to fix connection issues. None of which worked, so they're sending me another one. we'll see what happens.

paxchristos

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Could be the same problem the HTC Aria had, where after the update it worked better, i don't know, but i also have data problems, my guess is that this phone just has reception issues at times, i suggest waiting until Sony Ericsson sends out the R800x update (whenever they feel like it) and we'll see if it gets better...

rymi1982

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
is there a way to hard reset this device i tried doing that from the main manu it does not do nothing . i have looked all over the we and no luck guys , please share any idea out in this forum list

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci