Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

Default Does anyone know anything about the Prestige 7??

My girlfriend wants a less expensive tablet and came across this tablet at Best Buy. I took a look at the page and cant tell if its just a complete fake (as far as the listed specs) or if it might just be a very cheap (and far since surpassed tablet).

The photos have all sorts of photoshop errors (Sense widgets, Honeycomb font and icons, Gingerbread widgets/colors, missing on screen buttons, etc). The photos are clearly not running 4.0, and I didnt think 4.0 could truly run on a single core device with only 512MB of RAM. Regardless this is a specs baby, but is this story even plausible?

Here is the Best Buy link:

Visual Land - Prestige 7 Capacitive Android 4.0 Tablet with 8GB Memory - Black - ME1078GBBLK

Default Re: Does anyone know anything about the Prestige 7??

I saw one at Fry's yesterday, seemed kinda interesting but I was on my lunchbreak so didn'' have a lot of time to check it out. Seemed interesting enough that I might go back and take another look at it. I've already got an Acer A500 which can be a little large at times, the Prestige at 7" seems to be a nice size.

Not a bad tablet. I brought the kids each one.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

This tablet comes rooted (actually, I have the 7L, so I assume the 7 is as well), but it also comes without the Google Play Store, which was a deal breaker for me (needed to manage purchased apps across multiple devices). So I found a script that claimed to add the Store with no problems. Well, it did add the store, but it also screwed up storage: Whenever I insert an SD card, it says the SD card is now safe to eject, and Settings->Storage always crashes and closes instantly. Anyone ever seen this storage problem before (on any device)?

Hi sorry for the late response. The storage issue is caused by the ROM that you put on it, i think. I had the same issue when I flashed one. Regardless of the reason, I simply flashed the original ROM back on it and used a different ROM that added the Gapps(Google Apps) package. What is wierd though is the flash for the original ROM I used enlarged the Icons and lessened the amount of Icons you can put on each Home Page but it did resolve the storage issue. I think the issue there is, it was a customer ROM built to mimick the original ROM from factory.

I am at work right now without access to all the files or the links i used, but i did save it at the house. If you want me to send the links and files to you, hit me up at my email address [mod edit: removed] and i will send you the files and a walkthrough. But remember the Icons will be larger on the original but after we flash a second time using livesuit it will give you the Gapps pack and your storage issue will be resolved.

or if your still on the original factory ROM and you just want the working ROM i used for the Gapps pack i will post it here after work. Then you can go from the original factory to the correct Gapps ROM i used and it shouldnt enlarge the Icons.
    Last edited by cole2kb; 03-07-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Please do not post your e-mail address.