Polaroid PMID701C First Thoughts

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just picked one up yesterday for $99 at Big Lots. Was able to get market set up after searching Google for a bit. Comes with an ARM A8 and gingerbread, pretty snappy for a Benjamin. No front facing buttons, but there is a power button on one side, and home, menu, and back buttons on the other. The screen sometimes doesn't act like you would expect, but most of the time it is very responsive. Has a standard headphone jack, a video jack which I'm not familiar with, mini usb and a micro SD slot. I really like the size, it is perfect for an eReader, which is why I bought it. It is also good for gaming, it handles surprisingly well for such a cheap tablet. It handles Star Legends, NFS Shift, & Reckless Racing HD very smoothly. I have had no software issues with the device whatsoever, it has hung on an app maybe once, and was able to turn it off with the power button.

All in all I say for the price it's about a 8.5/10

If you have any questions about it, just let me know! :cool:

Last edited:

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No front facing buttons, but has them as physical buttons on the side. Screen is cheap, but can't complain for $100.

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up a few hours ago. Although I have an iPad2, Kindle Fire, and a variety of other devices (mostly for tinkering), I couldn't resist getting the chance to play around with ICS for $100. So far I'm very impressed with it for the price. MicroSD card support, video-out, standard mini-USB, and (as far as I can tell) vanilla ICS (with a few added apps).

update:
I was able to add the Android Market/Google Play without the need for anything fancier than copying a few .apk files and installing them.

I read about it here:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2...-ics-tablet-is-now-in-stores-and-in-my-hands/

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have this one and I really like it...I was able to download the Google Play Store on it and it works good. Of course this is my first tablet....I also have AppBrain on it,,,I do believe that is Android Apps...Didn't really like the Amazon App that well.

jajajava

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Also, as a newbie, I thought it best just to get a basic tablet & move up later if needed. Also looking at getting an android phone.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Just picked one up yesterday for $99 at Big Lots. Was able to get market set up after searching Google for a bit. Comes with an ARM A8 and gingerbread, pretty snappy for a Benjamin. No front facing buttons, but there is a power button on one side, and home, menu, and back buttons on the other. The screen sometimes doesn't act like you would expect, but most of the time it is very responsive. Has a standard headphone jack, a video jack which I'm not familiar with, mini usb and a micro SD slot. I really like the size, it is perfect for an eReader, which is why I bought it. It is also good for gaming, it handles surprisingly well for such a cheap tablet. It handles Star Legends, NFS Shift, & Reckless Racing HD very smoothly. I have had no software issues with the device whatsoever, it has hung on an app maybe once, and was able to turn it off with the power button.

All in all I say for the price it's about a 8.5/10

If you have any questions about it, just let me know! :cool:

I bought this tablet off a friend, brand new in the box for my mother. This is the worst tablet there is. And for the price, this is an insult. If anyone finds this tablet to be acceptable in any way, they must not have used other devices and have nothing to compare to. The touch screen is horrible and cheap! It has the worst quality build there is. The touch screen response is absolutely horrible, I have to tap the icons several times to get it to register. The UI is absolutely terrible! Out of the box, Polaroid completely mangles the OS with its own terrible layout, doesn't even come with google play. The speaker mesh fell off and was cheaply glued to the device. Do not buy this tablet!!! There are much better options for the same price range! I didn't expect this tablet to be like my nexus 7 2013, but I thought it would be a respectable device for the price! The specs are misleading, this tablet is a piece of garbage!!!