Unlocking Bootloader for to2a allwinner A10 to access recovery.

invaliduserdata

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I recently went cheap and purchased a tablet on craigslist. "Brand New with newest OS 4.0.3" Well The ICS operating system is buggy, It will not let me watch video, but I can hear it, it will not let me install apps like Google Voice and Adobe Flash. When on the market with two accounts it will give me errors. The speaker crackles and only half the touch screen is response. I found out that the tablet was originally running gingerbread and I want to flash it back...

Now, I have the original image I need to flash, but to no avail I cannot access recovery. I tried using adb, fastboot, clockworkmod, recovery manager, quick boot. I have pressed every single key combination possible to find out that apparently the bootloader is locked. From what I read and found is there is no setting under power to disable Fast Boot. When using adb (reboot recovery) it reboots just like normal. And when using clockworkmod, recovery manager, and quick boot, everytime I click reboot it just sits there and does nothing.

All of this effort and frustration leads me believe the bootloader is locked, does anyone know how I can unlock it or access it?

Also: device appears to be rooted. I went to use superoneclick to root, and a message popped up saying device is already rooted. I continued anyway with the oneclick and still did not seem to help.

Last edited:

urbantreckker

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I also had severe stability problems with my zt-280/C-91 (rooted) running Android 4.0.3 It kept freezing,crashing,etc. Come to find out ,just prior to my smashing it, the fix is rather simple. Just go to the official Zenithink page and find the 4.0.3 firmware update and follow the directions. Amazingly it fixed all my troubles. You'd be wise to update it's anyways as we are concidered early adopters of a new operating version of Android that hasn't had time to get it's bugs worked out.
That's the price of early adopting.
Due to the extreme instabilities of new versions of Android ,I think that all new versions ought to have a cautionary BETA period.
Good luck.

alesyl

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlocking Bootloader for to2a allwinner A10 to access recover

There is a place you can find all info for update your tablet. flashmyandroid.com use the ployer momo9 to update as is the same machine copied and impruved by the chineses

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech