Looking for some advise for a new tablet from those that know?

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Hey guys,

I know there are alot of members here that know far more then I when it comes to Android tablets, so I would like to ask you guys for some advise.

I would like to get a tablet to pretty much replace my laptop for pretty much everything but gaming (except for games that are droid specific). That pretty much leaves email, surfing the web, vidoes, youtube, Facebook, playing with Droid apps, chat, minor office work (Quick Office, PDF, printing) Images, ect..

I haven't much money, infact I have none, but my parents are willing to buy one for me but the price has to be as low as possible yet still allow me to do all that I listed above. I would also like to not have to replace it in a few months because it just isn't powerfull enough to handle things.

I have been looking online and found a number of tablets, and most are way out of my price range. Having said that I did find one that seems to be pretty highly rated but being that my knowledge of tablets, and androids as whole, is fairly limited, I don't know know what I should be looking for in a tablet.

Here is the tablet I found and I am looking to purchase one soon. Can you guy please give me your advise as to what I should be looking for? Also can you take a look at the tablet (link and details below) I have listed?

The tablet is from China, and I have heard a mixed bag of thoughts on devices from China so I hope to avoid any political rhetoric.

Thank you in advance for your most excellent wisdom. Hopefully you guy will either show me a green light and I can purchase this one, or you guys feel there is a better one for around the same price.

Thanks again!!

-John

Cube U30GT Dual Core RK3066 Android 4.0 Tablet PC 10.1 inch Cube U30GT Peas 16GB

Manufactured by Cube

Price: $259.98 US

Screen Size: 10.1 (Must keep this size

Major Like Factors:
Screen Size: 10.0 IPS LCD screen (Must be atleast 10)
Dual Core: CPU: RK3066, Cortex-A9 Dual Core processor 1.6 GHz
Gyroscope

Cons:
No GPS, No Accelerometer, No internal 3G modem

Cube U30GT Peas Dual Core Tablet PC Specification:
Model: Cube U30GT
Operating System: Android 4.0 (ICS)

CPU: RK3066, Cortex-A9 Dual Core processor 1.6 GHz
GPU: 4 Core Mali 400. Support OpenGLES2.0/1.1, OpenVG1.1
RAM / Technology: DDR3
RAM Installed Size: 1GB RAM
Hard Drive Type: NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity: 16GB
PCMCIA Expansion: Micro SD Card / T-FLASH(Support 32G MAX)

Display Technology: IPS Screen
Screen Size: 10.1 inch
Max Resolution: 1280x800
Camera: Dual camera, Front is 2.0 and Back is 2.0 Megapixels

G-Sensor: Four way
Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Language: Multi-language support

Communications
Wireless Connection: WIFI
3G: Supporting external 3G modem
Support Bluetooth
Support Format
Video: AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG
Audio: FLAC/APE/WAV
Ebook: WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML
Picture: JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF
HDMI: Built-in HDMI Out Port.
GPS: NO GPS
Bluetooth: yes
Extend Port
1 x TF card port
1 x 3.5mm earphone
2 x MINI USB port
1 x MINI HDMI port
Battery 3600mAh x 2 = 7200mAh
260.6?170.6mm?9.6mm; The thinnest is 4 mm
Cube U30GT Peas Dual Core Tablet PC Package including
1 x Cube U30GT Peas Dual Core Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x Manual
1 x Charger

All information, advise, thoughts ect encouraged.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looking for some advise for a new tablet from those that know

Have you heard of nvidia KIA platform? Its where they are bringing tegra 3 quad core tablets . Asus and Google just released the nexus 7. Which is a very powerful device at 199 and 249. 8gb and 16gb. Its a 7in . No camera on the back. You can read the reviews and the post about it. Also I'm sure others will follow the low cost tablets. Acer has the a110 but haven't set a price or anything. If you need one now. The nexus 7 would do it. But if you are willing to wait I'm sure more powerful , lost cost tabs will be available. But I'm not sure if there are any good 10in in a affordable price. Most are 350+. They are well worth every penny. I just saw u want a 10in.. so something from china may be your best bet on a lower price... or the archos new tab its a 9.7in screen. In the low to mid 200$

Reactions: enduser2941

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org

Thanks for the info... I could live with a 9.7. My biggest problem is the cost. I still dont have my disability money yet, and my folks are on a fixed income so I really have to keep the price down around $250. I suppose I could wait, but I worry that, so ok I wait for the new tres cores to come out, but as well all know with technology, that too will become yesterdays news pretty quickly. We seem to only go a few months between releases.

This makes me curious though as to how well the one I listed would go against the tres core.

Thanks again. Hopefully I will get a few more ideas for the folks here so I can weigh my options.

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org

Hey All,

I would really appreciate some advise from you guys. I don't have the ability to just purchase anything I want so I have to make the purchase count and I can only do that with some great advise from you guys.

Please advise!

Thanks!

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org

Hey All,

I would really appreciate some advise from you guys. I don't have the ability to just purchase anything I want so I have to make the purchase count and I can only do that with some great advise from you guys.

Please advise!

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34