Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FONT SIZE PROBLEM on 7 Inch Capacitive Tablet

Hi....
    I bought 2 x 7" Tablets from Amazon - They seem generic in Pink - 7" Capacitive Touch Screen - about 54 each. (the latest Ice Cream Version)

I gave them to my 2 Grand-Daughters for Christmas (ages 5 & 6) - They love them and I have to say for the price they're a great starter Tablet.

Problem - I noticed that the Font Size is different on each Tablet? I checked the settings and discovered one Tablet has to be set on "Huge" to
    equal the "Normal" setting on the other?

They both run very well and exactly the same - just this Font Size issue?

Has anyone any advice or help why this might be or how I can rectify it please?

Default Re: FONT SIZE PROBLEM on 7 Inch Capacitive Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by directstep View Post
    Hi....
    I bought 2 x 7" Tablets from Amazon - They seem generic in Pink - 7" Capacitive Touch Screen - about 54 each. (the latest Ice Cream Version)

I gave them to my 2 Grand-Daughters for Christmas (ages 5 & 6) - They love them and I have to say for the price they're a great starter Tablet.

Problem - I noticed that the Font Size is different on each Tablet? I checked the settings and discovered one Tablet has to be set on "Huge" to
    equal the "Normal" setting on the other?

They both run very well and exactly the same - just this Font Size issue?

Has anyone any advice or help why this might be or how I can rectify it please?
    Copy the ROM from one to the other?

What tablet is this? I have 2 daughters I am looking for something cheap to start them with as well. Did these have Google Play?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How would I copy ROM from one to the other? (Sorry haven't a clue!)

These are always available on Amazon just search 7 inch capacitive touch screen tablet

Neither do I unfortunately. I am not even sure if that would transfer the settings to the second. Probably not. Are there any accessibility options? Like for the visually impaired.

Could you tell me which brand though? There are literally thousands. Does it have access to Google Play android market?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Seems to be a Generic Brand...... not much help I know but easily found on Amazon.
    7" inch Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A13 1.0GHz CPU (up to 1.5GHz maximum)Processor Android 4.0.3 (Latest Ice Cream Sandwich OS) Tablet PC 4GB HDD 512MB WiFi MID Epad Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook (Pink)
    From what I've seen, yes has all the usual Google android access/market etc.

Quote Originally Posted by directstep View Post
    Seems to be a Generic Brand...... not much help I know but easily found on Amazon.
    7" inch Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A13 1.0GHz CPU (up to 1.5GHz maximum)Processor Android 4.0.3 (Latest Ice Cream Sandwich OS) Tablet PC 4GB HDD 512MB WiFi MID Epad Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook (Pink)
    From what I've seen, yes has all the usual Google android access/market etc.
    Hmm, that is interesting. I did find a few of those with no brand listed. Was just unsure if it was the same one. Only difference between that and the Craig CMP741e is the extra ram in the Craig. Not sure how much that matters. What sort of build quality did it have? Does the bezel have a step in it, or is the top just a single flush surface?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Pretty good build quality - very slight step in the bezel, nothing really.
    For the money I'd say this is definitely a good bit of kit.

Its probably the same as the Craig then. I would just be careful as the screen is probably fragile. My youngest daughter broke the screen on my Craig when she dropped it. Other than that, if it doesn't have a special accessibility setting for visually impaired, I am at a loss as to why the fonts are different.