2 questions/driver cannot be found/will not charge

Jesica Hubbard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the DOPO 10.1" INTERNET TABLET WITH ANDROID 4.0. When trying to link it to my toshiba Satilite Laptop, WIN7, it gives me error message: Driver cannot be found. Have went through all steps and options they have given me but no luck. Need to know where driver can be found?

Also, if I want to use my tablet I have to keep it plugged in at all times. How to fix? Or do I need to buy new battery? And if I do, how to install? Sorry if overloading questions. Just SUPER FRUSTERATED :)

Thank you

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Drivers are usually supplied by the manufacturer if they do not use a generic windows driver. Sometimes they can be found on the manufacturers website or by contacting them to have a driver disk sent to you.

As an Android 4.0 device, windows should recognize it as a generic tablet, unless the internal hardware is from a OEM that never supplied reference drivers to Microsoft. That is usualky when they supply the software.

For your second question about the battery, ifnyou unplug the device and it shuts down, I would have to say that the battery is either faulty or just not charged. You could have a problem with the charging circuit in the tablet that just keeps the vattery from charging.

Also if the battery is nickel cadmium (NiCd), and was fully discharged, they are hard to bring back to life without jump starting them, so to say. This has been an issue for years with them used in cell phones. Most devices nowadays use lithium ion (LiIon) due to their lack of charging memory and the ability to recover from full discharges.

If you have a spare battery, you could try it and see if that will correct the power issue, as odds are that it will.

As for the other issue, you may have to reset the tablet and restore to factory to troubleshoot the issue of windows not recognizing it. There could be system software on the device that is corrupt.

Try the web for drivers first to see if they exist, then go from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38