- 2 Posts
reset nabi 2 tablet if pattern lock forgotten?
How do you factory reset the nabi tablet 2?
My child put a pattern lock on it and she doesn`t remember the pattern
i already tried the following to no avail:
step 3 is as far as i can get where i see the android man lying flat with a red triangle above him, i can get no further, please help
To perform a Hard Reset:
1. Turn off your Nabi (To turn off Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds) then tap OK
2. Press the Volume + (Up) Button, then Press the Power Button then hold them both until the System Menu appears on the Upper left corner of the screen.
3. Use the – (Low/down) button to highlight “Recovery Kernel” then Press the Volume + (Up) button to select it.
4. From your screen press the Volume – (Low/Down) then the Volume + (Up) button.
5. Press the Volume - (Low/Down) button to highlight the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset,” then press the Power Button to select it.
6. Then highlight “Yes-delete all user data,” then press the Power Button to select.
7. When the data wipe is complete, “Reboot system now” should be highlighted. Press the PowerButton to reboot nabi.
8. The reboot can take five minutes. When it is done, you should see the Welcome screen. Follow the steps to Sign In to your nabi account or Sign Up to create a new account.
any help greatly appreciated
- 2 Posts
Re: reset nabi 2 tablet if pattern lock forgotten?
for any1 interested, here is the fix:
You seem to be at step 4, so when the Android man appears, press and hold Volume Down button then press and hold Volume Up button together. Continue to step 5.
A factory reset is recommended when slow performance is persisting or if you want to wipe out all your personal data and settings from nabi. Caution: A factory reset is a very serious process, because it will SYSTEMATICALLY WIPE ALL USER DATA from nabi. A factory reset will return nabi to the settings it originally had when purchased.
1. Turn of the tablet by holding Power button for 10 seconds
2. First press and hold Volume Up button then press and hold Power Button together until nabi shows the menu on upper left corner of the screen.
3. User Volume Down button to select and highlight "Recovery Kernel", then press Volume Up button.
4. When nabi shows with Android character with exclamation sign (!), press and hold Volume Down button then press and hold Volume Up button together.
5. Use Volume Down button to select and highlight "Wipe Data/Factory Reset". Then press Power button
6. Use Volume Down button to select and highlight "Yes-delete all user data". Then press Power button.
7. When "data wipe" completes, "Reboot system now" should be highlighted. Press Power button to reboot nabi.
8. Initializing nabi back to factory settings will take 5-10 minutes.
9. Once the initialization is complete, you will see the nabi™ welcome screen.
10. Set up your Wi-Fi connection, and follow the steps to Sign In or Sign Up to create a new account.
- By IMPOSSIBLEMAN in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
- By lifeasbryan in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 3Last Post: 05-19-2011, 10:28 PM
- By kalldrexx in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
- By joyride in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 8Last Post: 01-15-2010, 01:23 PM
- By jhass#ac in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 6Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM