Can't Shut down my new MID 729B tablet!

Emily Kihn

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so I just bought this tablet... Specs are 7'' Google android MID 729B Kernel 3.0.8 Ice cream sandwich (no idea what that means) android version 4.0.3.

For the first day or so, it worked great. I could use the power button to turn the screen off (without shutting down the device), and everything was dandy (besides the fact that the instruction manual is a POS and was obviously written by someone with broken English. ANYWAYS, yesterday it started this thing where it won't turn off the screen, and if I touch the power button at all the menu for shutting it down/restarting pops up. No matter what I do after that, it reboots. I've asked it to shut down, reboot, and clicked the back button, but it restarts every single time. Also, if I just leave the tablet be and the screen goes to sleep on it's own, I cannot just wake it up by short-pressing the power button, as you are supposed to. It will show the "unlock" screen, and, you guessed it, REBOOT! :mad:

I'm starting to think I've really gotten what I paid for, as this was a very cheap tablet. Does anyone know what to do about this?? I've tried changing settings, but there really aren't many settings you can change....

Chris Cope Downs

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Emily,
I have the same thing going on with mine. Just got it for Christmas and everything you talked about happened now it won't charge right because the soldering came off where you plug the cord in and now I can't find anyone to fix it. If you have any luck let me know. I will do the same for you.:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol