Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SpiralBorg
  • 1 Post By FaisDogg
  • 1 Post By FaisDogg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this tablet good enough for college?

Hello All!

There's a possibility that I'll be going to a University this fall. Recently I got a tablet, and I'm wondering if it'll be enough to help me in college. For example; I'll be using it for recording lectures, reading textbooks, writing notes and reading powerpoints and other documents.

Also, is there a way I can fix the dictionary? It isn't working like I want it too. It basically changes all the words that I type and it I've changed the setting to moderate but it underlines all the words that I type and I don't know how to fix this.

Btw, here's the tablet that I have: http://www.tmart.com/Ployer-MOMO9-7-...k_p166760.html

One more thing lol. If anyone has this tablet, is there a mic on here? I know there's a camera but it doesn't seem to have a mic, so I'm guessing I'm just not looking in the right places? Thanks guys!

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Is this tablet good enough for college?

Quote Originally Posted by _YoKolorMeBadd View Post
    Hello All!

There's a possibility that I'll be going to a University this fall. Recently I got a tablet, and I'm wondering if it'll be enough to help me in college. For example; I'll be using it for recording lectures, reading textbooks, writing notes and reading powerpoints and other documents.

Also, is there a way I can fix the dictionary? It isn't working like I want it too. It basically changes all the words that I type and it I've changed the setting to moderate but it underlines all the words that I type and I don't know how to fix this.

Btw, here's the tablet that I have: Ployer MOMO9 7 Capacitive Touch Screen Android 4.0 8GB Tablet PC with Wifi Black - Tmart.com

One more thing lol. If anyone has this tablet, is there a mic on here? I know there's a camera but it doesn't seem to have a mic, so I'm guessing I'm just not looking in the right places? Thanks guys!
    I don't have it, but 7inch touch screen android 4.0 momo9 3 tablet pc, View momo9 3 tablet pc, Reson(can be OEM) Product Details from Shenzhen Reson Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com says it does have a mic. I also can't see it in the pictures, but it says it's built in. It'd be a tiny hole, roughly the size of the tip of a pencil, maybe smaller.

This tablet scares me It might be super great for the price and I hope it is, but other than the Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 2 and maybe the Kindle Fire HD, I've never seen any decent 7 inch tablets. I don't know why it bugs me that the specs are written in either slightly poorly translated English or by someone who speaks well, but doesn't write well in English. Probably something wrong with me on that one, not the device or sellers The specs on it, assuming the battery life is sufficient, support everything you described for usage - except perhaps recording lectures (the mic might not pick up what the speaker is saying clearly with all of the ambient noise between you and them and surrounding you).

If you are looking to upgrade to a new tablet you may want to consider the Acer Iconia Tab A700 which ranks in at 13 hours of battery life. Assuming you will be on the go often at college, a tablet with high battery life will be important
    Battery Life of today's top Electronics!
    BestBatteryLife.net

For college, I would recommend a Windows Laptop, or Tablet.
    Its a lot better for productivity, and gets me through the day.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    FaisDogg likes this.

I have Microsoft surface Pro, and I love it. It does everything flawlessly.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    SpiralBorg likes this.

The HP Envy x2 is a good, affordable Windows laptop for college.
    Its a tablet with a detachable keyboard, its a low-mid-ranged device, but has excellent battery-life.
    It do sent do miracles, but does what you need for College.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralBorg View Post
    The HP Envy x2 is a good, affordable Windows laptop for college.
    Its a tablet with a detachable keyboard, its a low-mid-ranged device, but has excellent battery-life.
    It do sent do miracles, but does what you need for College.

I agree, and you can buy it for almost half the price @ Microsoft online store compared to HP

SpiralBorg likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks guys! Buying a new tablet/laptop is out of the question.. I already have a MacBook that works fine. I was asking because I know that a lot of people said that the iPad mini was too small for textbooks etc. and my tablet is about the same size.

Do you guys know any good apps for school in the android market?

Thanks guys! Buying a new tablet/laptop is out of the question.. I already have a MacBook that works fine. I was asking because I know that a lot of people said that the iPad mini was too small for textbooks etc. and my tablet is about the same size.

Kingston Office is a good 'office' app, that can allow you to edit and create documents, in doc files. Its free, and gets the job done, if you want something more
    substantial, QuickOffice Pro HD is excellent, but pricey.

A good PDF annotator is also very useful, allows you to take notes on PDFs if you have a capacitive pen (they're are really low cost on amazon etc.)