Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on buying 3 of these today as long as my local stores have them in stock, thanks for all of the reviews on comments!

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought two of these yesterday for my kids to share for use on our vacation... I'm very impressed with the quality and performance of these little guys. I wish that there were more covers and screen savers available. But really what do you expect? It just came out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kernmal

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I posted earlier that my S7Pro took a spill and the glass shattered.
Yesterday, I replaced it. (I had been using my N7 at work, but really needed a rear camera to take pics of documents.)

The new S7Pro also works flawlessly. Except for one annoying detail. The back cover flexes and creaks. My first one did not, it was rock solid with no flex at all.

I had already opened up the broken one to poke around inside. The back cover comes off fairly easily. I opened up the new one. The back covers are not identical. I did not think to take any pictures. When I get the time I will open them up and take some pics.

For now, let me say that the back cover from first S7Pro is sturdier. Comparing the insides of the back plates there are differences in mold lines and a few other variations.

The only other difference between the two tablets is the bar code under the QCR code on the box. The first tablet, the second sequence on the bar code starts 1LBK92xxxx. The second tab (with the flexing backplate) starts with 1LBK91xxxx. The numbers do not correspond to the serial numbers. I don't know if they are batch numbers or build lots or what. Any ideas?

A few quick observations. The NFC antenna is taped to the inside of the back with exposed contacts that line up and sit on top of exposed contacts on the circuit board. The battery appears to be removable without too much effort. The speakers are fairly large.

Once again, when I have time I will post some pictures.

Last edited:

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
My two tablets purchased at the same time also have a variance in numbers. One is 1LBK910xxx and the other is 1LBK921xxx
Both of mine have solid, non-flexing backs.

Last edited:

mrcoffee23

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
First post! Signed up while researching the Sero 7 Pro. Tons of great info already here.

I wanted to talk about WalMart stocking. Last night, they listed the Sero 7 online, but said "In Limited Stores." The site assured me that none of the stores within 50 miles of me had it. It said specifically that item was not carried in my store. I scanned this thread, then input zip codes from areas where people said that were available. Still got the same 'not stocked' sort of message.

Today I walked into my Walmart. They had at least 5 sitting behind locked glass below the tablet display area. For whatever reason, Walmart is simply not attempting to keep track on this item for its customers. So just walk into your local one and hope for the best!

Will post my feelings about the Sero 7 Pro when I've played with it for a bit. Charging to full right now, haven't even had it on yet.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
My purchases!

The web also told me none were at my local store, they had 5 of them, I bought 3.

Sent from there can only be HTC One

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370202329145.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370202329145.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370202348866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370202348866.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 26

bpcooper14

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I picked one up much like everyone else has. Not listed as available locally but the walmart here in town had a bunch of them behind a glass case. Got home, got it rooted, and i've been pleasantly surprised with it so far. I'm a track coach and use this for a little bit of video analysis for the events I coach. So far the program I use has worked flawlessly. I haven't been able to hook it up to the hdmi port to see how the playback looks yet. I still need to pick up a microsd card and get some movies and music loaded up. All in all, it's a fun little toy that seems like it is well worth the investment with the possibilities and hardware.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I picked one up much like everyone else has. Not listed as available locally but the walmart here in town had a bunch of them behind a glass case. Got home, got it rooted, and i've been pleasantly surprised with it so far.

Do you recommend rooting it? I have never rooted a device although I don't see any reason why I couldn't as I'm comfortable around things like a command prompt? What have you accomplished so far with your root access? I'm interested in trying the tethering capability you get when rooting; I'm reading online posts on "why you should/should not root your android device" as food for thought.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My back cover is very solid as well no flex my bar code is 1LBQ9XXXXXX the manufacture date on the sticker off the back of mine is 20130424. I to had to tell the sales person to look under the counter they had 6 of the Pro model. I can't believe the lack of promotion that Walmart is giving this thing they don't even have a card out with a picture and the price like they do other tablets I am sure Hisense would not be too happy with the poor promotion so far by Walmart for this tablet. I also have a Nexus 7 and I have to say other than the screen the S7 does everything a little better and quicker. My Nexus 7 the screen is a bit brighter and has truer whites than the S7 my S7 the whites have a bit of a yellow tint to them seems to be adjusted on the warmer color spectrum. Also the screen does not seem to have any kind of anti glare coating so it really does show finger prints when turned on though the screen looks fine. I may sell my Nexus 7 16 Gig and keep this S7 and maybe pick up a new Nexus 7 when the 2nd gen model comes out if I think it is worth it.

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
When I checked the Walmart website yesterday for availability in my area, the website said they were out of stock. I checked the TalkTo app and the person wrote back that they did indeed have some in stock. Though, I have find that the TalkTo app is hit/miss as well for some items/stores.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Firefly Bebop

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I Just got my Sero 7 on Thursday and I'm loving it. It has everything I wanted from the N7 plus what they didn't include, HDMI, micro SD etc. However there is one thing that I discovered today as I was trying to clear space on my internal storage I got this message from my App2SD Mgr,

Is there anyway around this? If there isn't then I'm afraid it's back to Walmart it goes.

Attachments

• ACPost.jpg
    ACPost.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 29

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm very impressed with the Sero Pro so far, well worth $150 IMO. Can't wait to give my gf's boy's theirs on Tuesday. They are 5 & 11, and they are gonna flip out. Got to find a way to mess with them before I give them the tablets.

Posted via Hisense Sero 7 Pro

cel4145

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Pro 7 the first day just to demo it. Great tablet that I feel is comparable to my Nexus 7. Great buy for the price.

One feature I don't think has been mentioned yet is that the Pro 7 does support USB audio out. I was able to connect my ODAC usb DAC, and it picked it right up. That's a +1 in the Pro 7 vs N7 comparison, since the stock N7 does not support usb audio out, even though it's supposedly standard for Android now.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Regrettably the jellybean OS eliminated the ability to run apps off the SD card. That doesn't bother me as I only use it to keep movies and music files...but if you want a bunch of graphic intensive games on your tablet you will probably run out of space...unless you root it

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I Just got my Sero 7 on Thursday and I'm loving it. It has everything I wanted from the N7 plus what they didn't include, HDMI, micro SD etc. However there is one thing that I discovered today as I was trying to clear space on my internal storage I got this message from my App2SD Mgr,

Is there anyway around this? If there isn't then I'm afraid it's back to Walmart it goes.
Unless I am mistaken, no android above 4.1 can put apps on the sd card stock. There are a couple options that switch the internal memory with the external but I think that brings it's own set of headaches.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm very impressed with the Sero Pro so far, well worth $150 IMO. Can't wait to give my gf's boy's theirs on Tuesday. They are 5 & 11, and they are gonna flip out. Got to find a way to mess with them before I give them the tablets.

Posted via Hisense Sero 7 Pro

you are a generous man ... thumbs up to you sir

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11