Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Default Re: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

I have a Kindle with a case Amazon made for it, it snaps in without any straps or anything to cover over the corners of the front. That's what I want for this tablet and I hope someone makes one. The magnet with auto-sleep is very convenient too, it makes it like closing a book. Till one comes along I'm keeping it in my old Blackberry Playbook envelope sleeve which is pretty nice.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Jelly Bean

I have been pretty impressed with the battery life so far. The little one played it non stop for over 5 hours and all he did was games.

Sent from there can only be HTC One

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post
    How so? I got 3 cases with normal shipping, I paid $53.93.

You're getting ripped off. Seems like i-Blason is taking advantage of the supply/demand thing.
    I bought almost identical Nexus 7 i-Blason cases from Amazon back in December for our girls' new Nexus 7's. Currently, they are $7.99 each, for practically the same thing, and even includes a stylus-ink pen combo.

There is no reason the Sero 7 cases should be close to 3x the price.

This is my favorite style case. I'll wait until Blurex releases one for the S7 PRO. I like the "pop-in" style, and the completely open front. The i-Blason has the "leather" frame around the front, and the tablet is fairly secured in the case making it a bit harder to quickly remove.

Personal preferences, of course, but in case others wanted to compare, the Blurex is a good case. For now, a $4.00 neoprene case is working fine for daily protection.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fotyc View Post
    I have a Kindle with a case Amazon made for it, it snaps in without any straps or anything to cover over the corners of the front. That's what I want for this tablet and I hope someone makes one. The magnet with auto-sleep is very convenient too, it makes it like closing a book. Till one comes along I'm keeping it in my old Blackberry Playbook envelope sleeve which is pretty nice.
    Blurex makes that style case, but I don't see a Hisense version yet. Check Amazon for the Nexus 7 version, though. I also prefer this style and have this one for my Nexus 7.

One question I have asked in various forums and still have not gotten an answer, is if the Hisense has the magnetic sleep switch? People assume, I guess, but so far I have not read anything that says it's there and it works.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by VeRawr View Post
    I'd love to see a review on the cases either here or on Amazon once you get them and test them out!
    I'm really considering switching from "definitely going to get the Nexus 7" to "possibly getting the Hisense Sero 7"
    Will do, I should have them by Friday

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

How so? I got 3 cases with normal shipping, I paid $53.93.

( I posted a reply to this earlier, but for some reason, it's not showing up, so I'll condense it and post again...)

Deleted contents as my earlier post did finally show up (above).

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by lancorp View Post
    ( I posted a reply to this earlier, but for some reason, it's not showing up, so I'll condense it and post again...)

Deleted contents as my earlier post did finally show up (above).
    I gotcha, they were $14.99 each, which isn't terrible and they fit the Sero, I was ok with it.

On another note, has anyone found the ppi for the Sero? I have seen conflicting numbers

Posted via Android Central App with the HTC One

Blurex makes that style case, but I don't see a Hisense version yet. Check Amazon for the Nexus 7 version, though. I also prefer this style and have this one for my Nexus 7.

One question I have asked in various forums and still have not gotten an answer, is if the Hisense has the magnetic sleep switch? People assume, I guess, but so far I have not read anything that says it's there and it works.
    I tried my wife's iPad Mini cover that has the magnetic strip on it. I could not find anything metal/metallic on the Sero that it would stick to

I was at the local Walmart the other day filling up the gas tank, and decided to look at the Hisense Sero 7 pro. The was,nt a unit on display but they were in stock so I decided to purchase one. I figured that it looke promising spec and feature wise, and I can always return it if it isn't up to py. I do own a Nevus 7 17 gb and I really like it. To be homest, I have been disappointed however since there is no HDMI out no SD cred slot etc. Anyway I went home and proceeded to set up the Sero 7. After several days using it for many hours, I have co,e to my personal conclusion that the Hisense Sero 7 Pro is now at the top of the 7" tablet door chain. I am surprised at the build quality, speed etc that this unit has, all at a $150 price point. I have fount no problems with charging, like I had on the Nexus 7 ( mine only charged when it was powered off). I have fount they wifi is getting a stronger signal tried too side with the Neus. This unit is a killer, My Nexus 7 will now go to one of my kids. I,m hooked on the Hisence for now.
    zapikoe likes this.

I don't think it does I tried running the magnet side of my Nexus 7 case all around my Sero 7 and it did not make the screen come on.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateScott View Post
    When I'm around 84 to 87 square miles it trips over the limit, the outline box in Google Maps shows red, and it says I can't save that large a map. So I just tweak the box until it stops being red and start the save. Also, when you are saving off-line maps the outline of the existing off-line maps will show up, which makes it easier to blanket an area or route. There is a limit to the number of off-line maps you can have but not sure what it is. In your case I'd probably delete that existing 10 square mile map and try it again.

So if I wanted to save a whole state I would just align the boxes so they overlap slightly then save it? When using offline maps and I go out of range for one saved map does it automatically pick up on the next map?

I drove about 10 miles down the road with no WiFi connection and the GPS knew where I was. The only time it asked for a data connection was when I wanted to switch from standard to satellite view. Other than that it worked fine without a data connection. I did not save any maps to the Sero

You can find a complete manual at the Hisense website, http://hisense-usa.com/support/manua...s_m_en_man.pdf.

Try the Google "Navigate" app.

I've been reading about how someone trying to use the navigation and GPS while traveling in a car. To me these WiFi only devices, which most tablets are, need to be tethered to your cellphone, then you can use any feature on your tablet wherever you are.

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

i can put the Sero in airplane mode and it still locates me

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_in_VA View Post
    i can put the Sero in airplane mode and it still locates me
    Isn't the GPS in the tablet a "receive" device? It doesn't transmit back to the satellites...

if i

UPDATE...just ordered 3 of these

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums
    Did you notice that the description and the pictures show no cutout for the speakers. Is that normal for a case?

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vickyg2003 View Post
    Did you notice that the description and the pictures show no cutout for the speakers. Is that normal for a case?
    Not sure if it is "normal" or not, but my Blurex case for my N7 does have a series of small holes on the back of the case where the N7 speakers are so the sound can be clearly heard.

Also, I emailed Blurex yesterday about the possibility of them making a case for the Hisense Sero Pro 7 and they (unfortunately) said they have no plans right now. Boooo...

Day three of the mysterious move by Walmart to remove all store availability information and user comments from the Sero 7 page. Wonder what is behind this decision?

The tablet was receiving really strong comments. Maybe it was all the talk about the store staff not having a clue that it existed or that they had them in stock right under their noses without realizing it. Anyway, I have mine and think think that my wife is going to inherit my Nexus 7.

Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory, M470BSA: Computers : Walmart.com
    bigdaddytee likes this.

The site simplys says now that store information isn't available... which is far better than the previous highly inaccurate information. I suspect the review comment removal is a glitch: aside from a few nits, the reviews on the device seem overwhelmingly positive.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Jelly Bean

I just exchanged mine, here is what the shelf looked like. The sales guy knew the Hisense name, but nothing about this tablet. I gave him a little education on it. He did say they have been selling a lot of them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)-uploadfromtaptalk1370440740446.jpg  

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

I got my 32gb SD card (SanDisk) and put it into the slot last night, it fits fine and the hatch closes. The card is clearly mounted and working properly as now if I take a photo with the camera it shows up in the DCIM folder on the card. However, I seem to be unable to read it in my little reader/adapter thing on my PC - it keeps saying "insert a card" and I don't think there is a write protect set anywhere as I use the reader frequently for the card from my daughter's cell phone. Have to go look into that, as I wanted to copy some EPUBs from my PC to my card and have them available to me in Aldiko. I may have to install something like AirDroid if I can't figure out why the card isn't reading in the PC.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Jelly Bean

Mr and Mrs Moderators, do you think that the Hisense Sero 7 Pro can have its own thread yet with all of this volume? Thank you very much!
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast