Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

mogrith

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Near dismal-land (the Tragic Kingdom) CA. 5-6 wallmarts nearby lots more if I need drive more. (92821)

I have one now The City of Industry Store on the way home from work had 2 in display case. They also had the key :-* Now to get a case the one on this thread looks best and avail on amazon with prime

NatsuMatto

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting a 7" tablet for a while now, since my iPad is just too heavy to use for reading in bed. Was looking at a used Kindle Fire, but read the initial positive buzz around the Sero 7 Pro and took the plunge. My local WM had NONE of these on display, but the guy working in the electronics area knew where it was and found it quickly.

This is my first Android device, and so far I'm really enjoying it. I haven't had any problems or issues with the tablet so far, hardware or software, so I'll hope for the best.

Having fun exploring the new ecosystem.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hope someone could confirm if the front facing camera supports widescreen video (720p), or only 4:3 (sd)? I know it is only 2mp, but widescreen video from the front facing camera is still of interest to me. Thanks!

mogrith

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
sero_7_pro_face.jpg
Hope someone could confirm if the front facing camera supports widescreen video (720p), or only 4:3 (sd)? I know it is only 2mp, but widescreen video from the front facing camera is still of interest to me. Thanks!

yep pic is widescreen

vid seems to be 4:3
[video]http://www.mogrith.com/storage/post-images/VID_face_test.3gp[/video]

mogrith

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Well when recording I see wide screen but the saved vid is 640*480 rotating camera makes no change since scree is larger than 640 both ways
[video]http://www.mogrith.com/storage/post-images/face_rotate.3gp[/video]

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Westfield, Mass Walmart has the Pro on clearance for 80 bucks. My uncle has a friend in that area who bought the LT for the normal $99.00 price he told his friend no you want the pro model based on my recommendation so he took the LT back to pay the 50 more for the pro and the sales guy said oh these are on clearance for 80 bucks so he bought one then went back and got two more for that price. This was yesterday he said they had 7 and he got 3 of the 7 if your in that neck of the woods you may want to stop by and see if any are left for that crazy price. This is clearly a screw up on the stores part....

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I know I could not believe it I said you sure it's the Hisense Sero 7 Pro? My uncle had his fried show him the box on Skype it was the Sero 7 Pro box for sure. Some people have all the luck... I told my uncle he should mail him one for that price plus shipping would still be worth it he said his friend offered that but he turned him down cause he already has a Nexus 7. My uncle is a bit cheap....lol

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded zero dark thirty in HD but can't figure out how to move the file to my sd card as it's 3.2 GB and taking a good chunk out of the on board memory. Anyone know how without rooting?

Sent from there can only be HTC One

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There are some "move to SD card" apps on Google play. They should work.

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

zapikoe

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
There are some "move to SD card" apps on Google play. They should work.

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

I was thinking that somehow Google disabled this function, starting from Jelly Bean.
I tried to moved Apps on another Android device, with no luck.

However, if you are playing Gameloft games,
GL to SD does the job well.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This tablet is proving to be very elusive. I can't find it in any Wal-Mart stores in my part of the country.

I went to my local Walmart on Wednesday and they had the lite version in with the tablets and the Pro version in with the e-readers. The guy goes 'oh that's a tablet? I thought it was an e-reader.' They had 8 of them in stock.

Cellular_Decay

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Well that was a lot of anticipation and trouble for nothing. Been checking local stores in Hawaii almost daily, to no avail (haven't even recieved them yet). Had a friend flying in form Portland today, so I had her grab me one Wednesday, and it looks like I got a lemon. Won't hold a WiFi signal (keeps dropping and reconnecting) and screen rotation is dodgy (only rotates when it feels like it). Here's hoping my local wally world finally got some in so I can exchange it, otherwise I'm returning it and that will suck. :(

Got one with a "loose" back as well. When you press lightly on the back you can feel it flex and bottom-out on the board underneath. Honestly, that doesn't bother me all that much. WiFi dropping when I'm sitting 6 feet from my access point, however... :'(

OT: I'm a field tech for a computer and networking service company, and yesterday I had to work on one of those $700+ Windows-8 Pro tablets, and that had a loose back as well, even worse than the Sero-7.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Went to my local Walmart where I got my Sero 7 Pro last week that had 8 under the counter they are all gone now. Makes you wonder what Walmart has planned for this tablet hopefully it is just selling better then they expected and are low on stock but none of the stores I have been to have any out on display its as if they don't want people to know they are selling them. I was at Best Buy yesterday looking at the tablets there and told two people there about the Sero 7 Pro who were looking to buy the Samsung 7 inch tablet for $179 I got them all excited about the S7 Pro but now I wonder if they were even able to get one when they got to Walmart.

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
CAMERA APPS? Has anyone found a camera app that improves image quality of the rear camera? I am trying out Camera MX (free version) and Pudding Camera, but neither seem to have much positive affect on image quality. The Tab 3 camera at a lower resolution takes much crisper photos and videos. I'm hoping to find an app that might improve things or maybe a firmware update will come along. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Despite the camera, this Nexus 7 owner and former Tab 3 owner still love this thing and prefer it over the N7.

pianojones

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The supply situation certainly seems odd, given Walmart's much-vaunted stock control system. But thank you to everyone for posting your experiences - it has helped me decide to go for the Pro - when I can find one !
Anyone find it strange that this item is not mentioned on Hisense's website ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34